NEW SITKA Ambient 75

And so it begins...

TrickyTross

When I was a kid I would struggle with anticipation and excitement over Christmas, the first day of school (I know, nerd alert), sports and so on. Now, as I am t-minus 74 hours from leaving for my first elk hunt, I find that anticipation, lack-of-sleep and daydreaming is much akin to my youth. I cannot wait!

Id like to thank all of you for all the help you have offered either directly or indirectly. From podcast to videos to comments in threads to messaging me or taking my messages, I have been very fortunate with the information I have absorbed from you folks. If I can ever return the favor, I will try my best to replicate all you folks have done.

Fin, I may have watched your videos and listened to your various podcast a few times and we will be doing it again on our ride out to the trailhead. Thank you for taking the time and starting this forum. A flunky from NC actually has a shot at trying to get an elk. I owe you

Ill keep yall updated!

Thanks and good luck to everyone!

Good luck deer hunting back east will never be the same. Don’t worry it’s a good thing though. There’s nothing like chasing elk with a bow. Stay after them and keep pushing till the last day.

There is no doubt that just going is over half the battle. Last year was our first year, I was filled with doubt and a general lack of confidence since I'd never been west of Texas. Certainly the thought of chasing these majestic animals in strange and vast woods and mountains is what pushed me through. It was a dream of mine since I was a kid reading stories in Outdoor Life. The minute you crest those mountains and see the golden leaves of the aspens and the deepest blue skies you've ever seen, stop for a minute and just remember the journey that it took to get you there. The thrill is in the preparation, the chill of the morning air and your intrigue of what lies over the next mountain. Drive safe, take plenty of pictures and just take a moment to soak it all in.

When I was a kid I would struggle with anticipation and excitement over Christmas, the first day of school (I know, nerd alert), sports and so on. Now, as I am t-minus 74 hours from leaving for my first elk hunt, I find that anticipation, lack-of-sleep and daydreaming is much akin to my youth. I cannot wait!

Id like to thank all of you for all the help you have offered either directly or indirectly. From podcast to videos to comments in threads to messaging me or taking my messages, I have been very fortunate with the information I have absorbed from you folks. If I can ever return the favor, I will try my best to replicate all you folks have done.

Fin, I may have watched your videos and listened to your various podcast a few times and we will be doing it again on our ride out to the trailhead. Thank you for taking the time and starting this forum. A flunky from NC actually has a shot at trying to get an elk. I owe you

Ill keep yall updated!

Thanks and good luck to everyone!

awesome man!! get one for us NC boys! ill be next in line! haha, what state u heading too?

OP may I suggest that you commit to taking photos, and keeping some sort of a journal (cliff notes version if you must) of your thoughts, ideas, actions taken etc. Pulling those out after the trip will help your memory live stronger, and help your next western trip enjoyment.

OP may I suggest that you commit to taking photos, and keeping some sort of a journal (cliff notes version if you must) of your thoughts, ideas, actions taken etc. Pulling those out after the trip will help your memory live stronger, and help your next western trip enjoyment.

I can promise you I will bud!!! May even have some video and put stuff up on the ole website!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back