And another Montana Speed Goat

Hem

Decided to try a local hunt this year.Scouted a few times and figured I better not be too picky.Roughed this guy up on Saturday,quartered and packed in one trip, and ground him up the next day.Nice to have one animal quickly in the freezer.

Attachments

• DSCN6972.jpg
    DSCN6972.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 477
Congrats, Hem. Carp fishing must be slowing down for you to spare a day chasing prongs. Hope when season opens, you get another whitetail like you shot last year.

Ha,BigFin,...carp are not ALL consuming.Sold my house in August so I'm behind the eight ball with hunting/fishing.Last official carp of the season on a fly a few weeks ago was 34",there has been some great Browns as well.Archery season just wasn't in the books this year,so I have to play catch up.This year its a blackpowder whitey and elk,well,we'll just have to see.

You guys are killing me, browns and antelope, that's a great place you live in. Early this year they did reintroduce some antelope here in WA and there has been a small group staying not too terribly far from here, so hopefully they do good and maybe someday have a population we can hunt.

Branden,
You got that right,...at first light before harvesting this goat there were 12 coyotes doing their morning yip session.In fact the commotion was so radical I really didn't expect to see any antelope in this location.I considered smoking two of them with 25.06 but I'm not wasting Fed.Premium ammo.I thought you might be out there,saw a black truck with BETHEDECOY splashed all over it.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fingelfinger
Back