An ice bath is good once in awhile

Doubt I’ll make headlines one of these days but I’ve had a lot of fun hunting from kayaks. I know one of these cold mornings I’m going to slip on one of the log crossings and go for a swim. Depending on water level I have to get out several times and climb over dead falls and then get back in the kayak. I usually stay right in the stream channel to avoid making noise. I have almost got stuck in the ice though, while I’m sitting and it’s freezing up.
27F18C97-BF7B-4F69-85B1-19D2D49E062C.jpeg
E7F889BD-E08D-453E-81A3-F220C2B3F48D.jpeg

Same I'm always using the kayak during whitetail season. No mishaps yet, but I'm always extremely vigilant.
Doubt I’ll make headlines one of these days but I’ve had a lot of fun hunting from kayaks. I know one of these cold mornings I’m going to slip on one of the log crossings and go for a swim. Depending on water level I have to get out several times and climb over dead falls and then get back in the kayak. I usually stay right in the stream channel to avoid making noise. I have almost got stuck in the ice though, while I’m sitting and it’s freezing up.
View attachment 251215
View attachment 251216

I would have like to seen that 😂
It was glorious...splashing about in the creek...left half soaked, shotgun frozen to my gloves, duck floating away downstream...chase of shame down the creek to retrieve. Froze solid by the time I made it to the truck. That was 2 days in a row I met the water (first being leaky boots). I'm taking the day off.

It was glorious...splashing about in the creek...left half soaked, shotgun frozen to my gloves, duck floating away downstream...chase of shame down the creek to retrieve. Froze solid by the time I made it to the truck. That was 2 days in a row I met the water (first being leaky boots). I'm taking the day off.
I still don't know how I did it but a couple of years ago I managed to drop my gun in the marsh while picking up decoys. I had everything loaded up and was like "wait, where's my gun?" Somehow it slipped off the kayak and I never heard it. Luckily the foam part of the strap floated up just enough to where I could find it.

Reminds me of a true story, buddy of mine. He loved duck hunting, had a springer that really didn't. We would go out into the local marsh, jumpshoot the Fox river & potholes. I wasn't with him this day, but knowing my buddy....
Late fall, shoreline icing, he was out with his dog doing some jump shooting. He had shot a duck that was floating away, he was throwing stuff out by the duck but the dog would just bring back whatever he thru. My buddy was not one to waste anything so he got down to his underware and waded after the duck. The dog followed & grabbed the duck. Then my buddy heard two guys laughing on shore, they were curious of his training methods.
Sorry for off subject.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back