Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Ammo

Another big reason is that stores are not getting in stock like normal because of the huge controversial homeland security ammo purchase. A huge government order gets preference over the private sector.

Many people are buying ammo as a hedge against what they consider will be coming with a revolution due to an economic collapse. Ammo has become a better investment than gold. When people are purchasing every type of ammo they can get their hands on, regardless of whether they own a gun that will shoot much of it, that creates the situation we are in. According to the ammo manufacturers they are running at full capacity just trying to keep up with demand. Add to this situation the fact that government agencies have been acquiring certain calibers at previously unheard of amounts, and we end up with the shortage and the extremely high prices. It will probably take several years for the situation to settle down, and when it does, we can expect prices will never drop to the levels we were used to a year ago.

Other than .22LR and a small amount of shotgun stuff. I make my own. Luckily stocked up on .22 over the last 3 years or so. I haven't purchased centerfire ammo in a long, long time. mtmuley

Ammo is already returning to the shelves and in 6-8 months from now the market will have returned. It doesn't take a PhD in economics to understand the commodity market...really not even Econ 101.

The hoarder/scalpers who plan on flipping ammo better get to it quick because the music is about to stop.

I try and get it as cheap as I can, so I am not buying right now. You might look at Tuson Ammo, I got 1200 rounds from them although the wait was pretty long, but the price was real cheap. John

Shhhhhh! Ya'll will have all the Louisiana Ammo off the shelves! I was up at BPS in Springfield, MO a few weeks back and there was Dust on the shelves and a few shotgun shells. Johneaux

Another big reason is that stores are not getting in stock like normal because of the huge controversial homeland security ammo purchase. A huge government order gets preference over the private sector.

How many .22 LR did Homeland Security buy? Don't let the media fool you. The federal contracts have little to do with the "shortage" it is driven by the people that have spent years with a box or two in the cabinet thinking the sky is falling and buying everything they see.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ElknTrout
Back