Ammo Question

TarHeel44

Hi- I am a new member to this forum and this is my first post. I do have an ammo related question that I hope someone can help me with.

I hunt with a 30-06 and have always used Federals Barnes Triple Shock (180 grain) ammo. Have killed a number of elk with this load with no problems. Need to reorder but now I cannot find this ammo anywhere. Have ordered in the past from Cabelas, but they no longer carry it. Has this ammo been discontinued? Appreciate any info. Thanks!

jryoung has the correct answer as far as I know. I have had excellent results with the trophy copper loads and they tend to be a little cheaper than the Barnes for whatever reason. It seems a lot of the loads come in waves of availability, however. I have been looking for 160 grain 7mm ammo for months and it just came back into stock. Good luck finding something that will work. I think you'll be happy with any of the all copper loads.

For years I shot nothing but the Fed. 165 TSX loads in my -06 700. excellent groups.Now I can't get them and switched to Nosler Trophy AB 165's. Shoot almost as good,but I actually prefer the copper now.Barnes spoiled me.
Does anyone carry a 165 similar to the old Federal w/Barnes? Does Barnes make ammo? I heard Remington bought Barnes....

For years I shot nothing but the Fed. 165 TSX loads in my -06 700. excellent groups.Now I can't get them and switched to Nosler Trophy AB 165's. Shoot almost as good,but I actually prefer the copper now.Barnes spoiled me.
Does anyone carry a 165 similar to the old Federal w/Barnes? Does Barnes make ammo? I heard Remington bought Barnes....

Barnes Vortex loads, Barnes sells it's own line of ammo. I reload, and I use Barnes TTSX bullets. I'm going to try the Hornady GMX though, I've heard good reports about them. Then there's the Nosler E-Tip copper/alloy bullet. So many bullets so little time.

Thanks,I'll try the Barnes and I was putting the GMX on the list.
Wish reloading hadn't gotten so expensive,I have hundreds of rounds of brass and my 2 reloader buddies passed away.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chughes
Back