American prairie. What's the issue?

"So that really highlights the value of hunting access on AP or other block management areas, whether that privilege is for one season or forever."

'Sorry I went into the "weeds" on land use fees. The intent was to show the relative value of hunting access to AP, whether temporary or forever.

Not sure if this is the best place, but cool? story. I'm still mixed having grizz everywhere.
Approx 150 miles straightline from the Rocky Mt Front.
Not surprised. They’ve been in the high woods for a few years. Not that far of a walk to get out to the PN.

Any wolves? I always figured the wolves would return to the Breaks first.
No clue. Never heard of any running around highwoods or snowies but I haven’t lived there for a couple years. Always heard there were some in the little belts but never saw any sign myself. The grizz working there way out along the Missouri makes perfect sense to me. They follow the riparian areas out from the front range. They’ve been spotted pretty far East on both sides of the Missouri already…big Sandy to the north and highwoods to the south. It was a matter of time before they were on the Judith. There’s a lot of habitat for them and not a very dense population of people or any major roads to stop them from going out that way. They’re going to keep pushing out along the Missouri as the population grows. They’re already as dense as they can be on the front range around Augusta and Choteau. Only way to go is East, and they’re going to follow the cover along the river to get there.

Any wolves? I always figured the wolves would return to the Breaks first.
They’re around, at least occasionally. One was killed legally by a coyote hunter south of Glasgow a couple of years ago. I haven’t seen any here yet, but I’ve cut single tracks in the snow while coyote hunting in the Breaks. Saw one in the Little Belts two years ago.

Back