Alps Mountaineering/Outdoorz Warranty

I have only packed 40 lbs. in it, but felt comfortable and thought I could take quite a bit more. This external frame style is pretty sturdy, I have about 30 lbs. I will be packing in. So I was hoping to get 100 lbs. of meat. For certain me and my son can get a pig out together, but I believe I can do it on my own. I will not push myself too much, but have been swimming to build my stamina also.

Although I am not a lightweight, I can swim a mile. I swim more than my son, but he works out more than me. He wrote an app that will allow you to use your phone to count pushups, check it out!
FWIW, I'm hoping he can at least carry 50-75 lbs., maybe I could get him to carry all of it??? My son is the 4th from left on the top row. He doesn't plan to hunt, but pack and eat. LOL

If you go to this link of your phone/webcam it will count your pushups: https://jimbrowser.web.app

Video

So I was hoping to get 100 lbs. of meat.
I have a different type of roll up game sled though saw Kenetrek promotes one... Who knew!?! VERY nice design compared to my original pack sled... Mine has to be dialed in for weight distribution, otherwise it tracks poorly while pulling... Great along a slightly rutted trail.

This design really advances an easy to pack game sled! One on order for myself.

@Sytes that's an interesting sled. I am not sure if I will end up with something like that or not. I sure wish the e-bikes were not so much, I don't see myself springing for one of them and that would probably assist greatly in hauling meat home. The batteries seem to provide a lot LESS of time on the trails, however. Most are around $3k, so that ain't gonna happen.

Just so we're clear on the pack I have, this is it, the pack is removable and can be strapped on top of the frame when carrying meat. This has waist support and a rigid external frame that is low enough to get under tree limbs. It has 2850 cu.in of space inside the pack. I'm seen guys packing an elk quarter in one of these.

commander-lite-frame-2020_3.jpg
commander_litepack_bag_2020.jpg

This is what I got for my son, it's 2700 cu.in. of internal space, internal aluminum frame, so less space and less adjustable, but I think between both of these we gotta be able to carry a pig, or I'm gonna give up my man card!:oops:
Pursuit-Coyote-Brown-2020_1.jpg

Unless you are a very large man, 100 lbs in a pack for any significant amount of time is likely to cause irreparable spinal injury.
I certainly hope I don't end up with spinal injury, that doesn't sound good...:rolleyes:

Maybe I'm putting too much faith in the pack. If I had to make 2 trips to pack out the game, I would do that. I was kinda hoping it would be a bear at that point. Me thinks it's wise to get one of any size, and worry about it after the fact. :p I'm certainly not getting younger, and hope I can still tackle my log home...it's a huge project. Hunting is more like R&R. Don't wanna hurt myself over it though.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back