MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Alpine Happiness

Here are a few from a couple years back that I took with an old Soviet rangefinder. I have some rolls of film in my freezer Ive been meaning to develop and scan from the past year or two and have another in a camera now but I have been a lazy and dont feel like doing the work (I could just send it out to have someone else do it, I guess 🤷‍♂️ ).

Scan-160729-0007.jpgScan-160729-0008.jpgScan-160729-0009.jpgScan-160729-0010.jpgScan-160729-0011.jpg

Anyone else notice that outside of the Flattops it's pretty damn tough to figure out what state these were taken in?

the montana ones really trip me up, i stared at some for a long time trying to determine if they were colorado or montana.

yours are a little easier, because, there's like, actually snow and ice on your mountains ;)

the montana ones really trip me up, i stared at some for a long time trying to determine if they were colorado or montana.

yours are a little easier, because, there's like, actually snow and ice on your mountains ;)
Kinda, but 1/2 of mine aren't WA ;)

Reactions: Hem
This thread is kinda bumming me out. Don't get me wrong love my home and the life I have here but this thread makes me wish I had more then a handful of weeks a year to explore the high country. I can assure you the Oklahoma high alpine is quite lack luster.imagejpeg_1(6).jpg

you threw wind river picture or two in there didn't you?
I think there's a couple then several from ID
i'll cheat and just guess: pnw?

i'm hesitant to throw out states lol
That was was Rainier about 30 min after I ditched my skis because... I was realizing that while the skiing wouldn't be "hard" it was also ZERO mistake territory, and I'm not an mistake proof skier.

IMO that's what a 14-er should look like!

I think there's a couple then several from ID

That was was Rainier about 30 min after I ditched my skis because... I was realizing that while the skiing wouldn't be "hard" it was also ZERO mistake territory, and I'm not an mistake proof skier.

they can also look like this though ;)

(not my picture)
1648568719408.png

don't get me wrong though, i'm jealous that the PNW mountains more readily fall into the category of "mountaineering"

us rocky mountains states really just got stuck with high risk scrambling and long steep slogs unless you choose the class 5 route

NEW Sitka Ambient 75

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lucafu1
Back