All straight hard liquor is horrible

I am in the have to be mixed with something camp but my buddy has some peach whiskey that is pretty good staight.

Ardbeg belongs on that list as well. Especially some of their special releases. And I'd never turn my nose up at Laphroaig!
Laphroaig needs to be on that list.

I will admit that I once spent over $100 in an Anchorage airport bar trying to discern the subtle differences between the 10, 25, and 33 year old versions.
I am not that cultured. When you're drunk and miss your flight home, you had just as well be drinking the cheap stuff.

If you make it to Joseph, go to the Stein Distillery for some of the real stuff.
That’s my surname, need to order some just to have
I was there years ago as my now-wife and I road-tripped during her WSU spring break. Got there as they opened. Was served by a big guy who knew a lot about the whiskey. Started walking around looking at their little showroom, only to realize it was the owner. Stayed for a good while and tasted everything he had before buying a bottle. Decided we needed an early lunch before jumping back into the car to continue down the road. Can’t say I’ve ever accidentally had that much to drink before lunch since. Great experience!

Wife won’t shoot whiskey straight…

She brought home a bottle of cookie dough whiskey…

And it’s almost gone.

I haven’t been able to touch it.

I was there years ago as my now-wife and I road-tripped during her WSU spring break. Got there as they opened. Was served by a big guy who knew a lot about the whiskey. Started walking around looking at their little showroom, only to realize it was the owner. Stayed for a good while and tasted everything he had before buying a bottle. Decided we needed an early lunch before jumping back into the car to continue down the road. Can’t say I’ve ever accidentally had that much to drink before lunch since. Great experience!
They are good people.

Wife won’t shoot whiskey straight…

She brought home a bottle of cookie dough whiskey…

And it’s almost gone.

I haven’t been able to touch it.
I will have to check that out. I've become quite fond of cocoa bomb and brown sugar bourbon.

Last edited:
Call it what you want but I’m in the minority, especially for my locale, in that I don’t like any hard liquor or beers. I’m not quite a a teetotaler, but basically don’t drink except maybe a hard cider on a hot day at the ball game. I also have no interest in “acquiring” the taste……. And just to add fuel to the fire, I also don't drink coffee. Much like alcohol, it smells bad and tastes worse.

I don’t begrudge others who do imbibe….to each their own, as long as they don’t continually ask if I am Mormon just because I don’t drink 🙄

Call it what you want but I’m in the minority, especially for my locale, in that I don’t like any hard liquor or beers. I’m not quite a a teetotaler, but basically don’t drink except maybe a hard cider on a hot day at the ball game. I also have no interest in “acquiring” the taste……. And just to add fuel to the fire, I also don't drink coffee. Much like alcohol, it smells bad and tastes worse.

I don’t begrudge others who do imbibe….to each their own, as long as they don’t continually ask if I am Mormon just because I don’t drink 🙄
How many wives do you have? 😆

How is Utah this time of year?

Back