Albino mulie

justdada

I just got these photos via email. The only thing along with it was that the pictures were taken near Meeker, CO.
So, which of you would hesitate at dropping a buck like this?!!
And has anyone else heard about this buck?

Attachments

• buck.JPG
    buck.JPG
    16.7 KB · Views: 317
  • buck1.JPG
    buck1.JPG
    13.2 KB · Views: 308
Yep, he is indeed near Meeker. I have pictures of him from last year somewhere, that were sent to me by a friend. I have a different one from this year as well. Nice buck!

albino_mule_deer1_original.jpg

albino_mule_deer2_original.jpg

I would not shoot that buck. I would let it pass it's genes and hope more young ins are born Albino. These are really cool to look at.

Doesn't appear to be a true albino, but possibly suffering a more white form of Piebald. The pictures are pretty clear, but don't appear to show he has pink eyes and nose like a true albino, but I could be wrong. But I would not hesitate to shoot that deer.

It wouldn't be legal to shoot in my home state.Somebody shot a yearling albino quite some time ago and had his picture in the states largest newspaper.Long story short, they made such a fuss out of it that they passed a law stateing that you cannot shoot a predominatly white deer.So I asked the gamewarden if I could shoot a piebald deer and he didn't even know what I was talking about.He just said I couldn't shoot a predominatly white deer.I like how they leave it up to their own evaluation.

Looking at the Boone & Crockett trophy watch site, they calling it a piebald deer also. Good forks lenghts, can't see his spread and it would be one cool mount, I'd probably have to give him one from my 300 SAUM.

schelmster

Always amazes me that something like that (regardless of the species) makes it into maturity- seems like with the inability for concealment that it would have been a quick first course meal for a predator years ago? ....not to mention readily lined up in the crosshairs...

carbonarcher said:
Doesn't appear to be a true albino, but possibly suffering a more white form of Piebald. The pictures are pretty clear, but don't appear to show he has pink eyes and nose like a true albino, but I could be wrong. But I would not hesitate to shoot that deer.
You're right,it definitely is not an "albino",which is made clear by the dark eyes and nose.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cwdrx
Back