Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Alaska Weather Cams

Moosie

Grand poopa
Thanx for the Links.. I can Stand Crap[py weather like in the Pics that you posted. The Overcast, Light drizle off and on.. Etc. I'm jsut thinking about NEW ZEALAND, were it would Start raining... Dumping like Buckets.. And not slow down for..Ohhhh 2-3 DAYS !!!
eek.gif
then, it would lighten up for a couple hours and DUMP AGAIN for a few more days
frown.gif

AWSOME Pictures man !!!! I'll be popping in every couple hours
smile.gif

This is pretty cool!!!

The pictures I linked are updating automatically here on your site. Looks like a beautiful morning in Dillingham.

Gotta go check out Valdez now!

Looks like a little fog there this morning, but nothing major.

cam1.jpg

cam2.jpg

For a weather cam here I just look outside! Which by the way really sucks right now. Lots of rain coming down!

Actually I usually check the Alaska weather site at: http//:www.arh.noaa,gov/

On that site I look at the TV weather maps, the different sat & radar images and most importantly the hourly weather roundup in the public weather forecasts.

Here is my outlook from the site you posted John...

.FRIDAY NIGHT...PARTLY CLOUDY. LOWS AROUND 50.
.SATURDAY...PARTLY CLOUDY. HIGHS IN THE LOWER 60S.
.SATURDAY NIGHT...MOSTLY CLOUDY. LOWS IN THE LOWER 50S.
.SUNDAY...MOSTLY CLOUDY. HIGHS IN THE LOWER 60S.

Hopefully it will stay like that.

Jim -

It sucks here right now for sheep hunting. Can't see the mountains & you can't see when you are on them. 40 Mile air is limited right now. SIL & crew were forced off their area due to heavy snow. Not too sure what he is going to do. Just waiting for now and it if continues on to plan B.

I'm hoping that it will clean up a bit as I want to chase caribou this midweek. The area right now has rain & fog. Guess you can't see um if they are there.

Oh well the weather will change.

Moosie

I started checking the weather forcast about 5 days ago and am seeing for the most part, the same as you.

Here is a link to the webcam page. There is a cam in Dillingham and at Illiamna, but I didn't see one for Sodoltna. Guess you could use Seward's cam.

Alaska WebCam

The sky at Dillingham looked nice during sunset, at least better than my Valdez skies.

Dillingham Cam Pics

cam1.jpg

cam2.jpg

cam3.jpg

cam4.jpg

Jim

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 09-01-2003 00:54: Message edited by: Ovis ]</font>

Dicky-bird blue skies in Valdez at 4:15pm Mountain Time.

I talked to the guy that I booked through.. And he sent me this :

As far as web cams links here is one that the pilots often use to see the weather in some of the areas they fly in getting to the hunting areas. It is an FAA site and can be pretty helpful. It is :

http://akweathercams.faa.gov/wxcams/map.php
On the site is a map of Alaska where you can pick locations. One that you will almost certainly see (and fly through) is Lake Clark Pass. The cam is located in the center of the pass looking back (eastward) toward our end and looking down (westward) the pass. Also one view is from just this side of the Mountains looking down on Big River Lakes. Another site you might want to look at is Koliganek. It will be to the south of where you should end up, but is in the general area. You might also want to look at Dillingham & Iliamna as they are also in the general area of where you will be hunting, though quite a distance to the south and west. Anyway, those will be much closer than the Seward ones.

PS, I don't get the "TIMES" . It looks like Millatary time,. But it's 7:30 in the Morning here and the time says 13:30 ish ? thats around 1 in the PM...

Help please...

Oscar, What is the time in Greenwich England, when it's 7:30 at your house?

Looks like 1330 hrs Zulu... Aboslute time.. Greenwich Mean Time..

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jahmes143
Back