Alaska trip .338 win mag ammo needed and a caution to guys ordering ammo

Deerhunter80

Hey guys first off I never thought I'd be in this predicament, I'm headed to Alaska for bear and goat on 10/6. Like a good lad I went on cabelas website on 7/31 and ordered 3 boxes of the Federal Premium 250 grain .338 win mag Nosler Partitions for my hunt. The site said 4 weeks for delivery so end of August. I assumed all was good to go. Well I go to check the order status today and they pushed my expected ship date another 5 weeks to the end of September. Guess I will sneak up on my bear and just try to bludgeon him with my gun.

It's ridiculous that they put that ship date on there unless they were sure. I could have been hunting down ammo for the last month. Now I have 30 days to figure something out and probably won't get to the range to practice as much as I'd like. If any of u boys are banking on Cabelas to ship ammo, you better keep on them as I know this is a bad spot to be.

So here it is, any of u boys have a couple boxes of 250 grain nosler partition federal premium ammo, you'd be willing to part with. I will pay for shipping express and whatever for the ammo. Feel free to pm me...

Thanks guys,
Rob

Looks like you're only about an hour from a Cabela's store. Seems like a road trip is in order to check out the shelves. There just HAS to be another place in the area that sells the stuff you're looking for. Hit the web and the streets. Good luck.

thanks guys - still looking the great lakes place showed them in inventory but were actually sold out - going to call Grafs this AM.

Bambi I am flying to Anchorage, but just a connection. Flight goes to Cordova...

St52v - Thanks for that info - they had 10 in stock - I bought 4 boxes. That was a life saver!!!! Thanks a million.

Cheers fellas!!!!

Post up a full report when you get back!! Glad we could help and be safe.

Please add Double Tap ammunition to the list of liars about availability.

Original order on 6/22, website said 2 week lead time. I emailed them a month later inquiring about my order, and they changed my order status to shipped. Emailed again yesterday. I was informed that my order had not shipped, and was actually cancelled 8/13. ????

What the heck is going on? I'm 1 for 3 on ammunition orders this year.

Last edited:
Agreed - I am guessing u need to speak to a human with AMMO in hand. I ordered from greatlakes shooters which had the ammo in stock on the site, then it was cancelled overnight. They were kind enough to suggest an alternate. But I want what I want. So I looked at Griff and spoke to someone there with AMMO in hand. It was shipped today with FEDEX Tracking info.

With Ammo the way Its been the last 2 years, I don't think I'd trust anything other than "in stock".

In February of last year I ordered a Case of Federal GMM .308 175SMK's. Estimated ship date of 4/18/12. I bought a case 'cuz it was on sale, like $100/case off. I canceled the order in December, 10 months later. The retailer never received the ammo. I check back once a week or so to see when they get the load in stock, Still hasn't shown up yet...

I'm happy you were able to track some ammo down!! Good luck in AK this Fall!!

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JRP325
Back