Alaska Here We Come

You are catching a pretty good weather window. No pouring down rain for the next 10 days (anything under three quarters of an inch is characterized as "showers" on weatherunderground!)

Can't wait to hear the recap. We leave on Tuesday. Hunting Kupreanof and staying at Calder Mountain.

I had a long-form post written up that disappeared when I attempted to post. I meant to come back to it but have procrastinated. Shame on me and I'm sorry for the delay...will get a recap up shortly.

We had a hell of a hunt. Both the wife and I sealed the deal, even though I took it down to the wire.

This is how I spent fading light on the last night of our hunt....

IMG_20210519_084404_922.jpg

Last edited:
I had a long-form post written up that disappeared when I attempted to post. I meant to come back to it but have procrastinated. Shame on me and I'm sorry for the delay...will get a recap up shortly.

We had a hell of a hunt. Both the wife and I sealed the deal, even though I took it down to the wire.

View attachment 185861
Congrats and cool photo. A friend and I carried a coyote like that for a couple miles from behind a gate. It swayed back and forth the whole time and was really uncomfortable. How did that method work with the bear?

Can't wait to hear the recap. We leave on Tuesday. Hunting Kupreanof and staying at Calder Mountain.
David, I will be hunting the same way and staying at the same place 3rd week of May of 2021. I would like to talk to you about your experience if you don't mind?

View attachment 185861
what a photo! I am excited to hear the recap!

Back