Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

alaska guides?

naa it was never about saftey, someone came up with that to add to the list to make themselves look good!

do guides shoot little bears...HA better belive it, i've drilled some tiny things...big bears dont' mean big tips though...i wish.
What i was getting at with the lack of bear experience shooting smaller bears...guides do at times pass up bears to keep clients from shooting something they wont' be happy with when they walk up to it, some clients shoot small bears cause its all they can physically get, or maybe even all they see.
as a general, from what i've seen with folks who haven't hunted bears much...bear walks out...WOW Thats a big one, then the mom walks out, stuff like that. and ya some guides don't have any bear expereience either
Theres a big difference between shooting a bear you think is big and isn't and shooting a bear you know isn't big.

As for alaskans who don't have a clue, ya lotta those out here, but unfourtuantly for me and my spelling...lol...they have to draw a line in the sand somewhere and no matter where you draw it, somenes gonna be on the other side. this case alaskan have first dibs on the resources in their back yard, wether they know how to use them or treat them aside.
And i've gotta say, a idiot in MT should have first dibs at a MT bighorn sheep before i do, his back yard not mine, i don't expect as much "right" (dangerous word) to it as he..just because i've got some woods savey in me.
line in the sand....feel bad for the guys across it who'd have a riot doing what us alaskans have a chance to do every year.
But if its worth screaming about....a uhaul is cheap compared to aguided hunt....

Brwnbr, I'm sure glad you are a better guide then a debater ;)

Rich and old are relative terms. The only thing similar is as each goes up, the farther away the top seems. But to answer you question, Tbone blows me away with money. But he also works for a living :D

Since I'm repeatedly mentioned.....I opine that the mandatory guide for sheep, goat, brown/grizz is poop. However, I'm 99.9% sure that's a battle I'm not going to win anytime soon. So I saved my pennies and went on a once in a lifetime dall hunt.

If I would have waited while writing my congress people and pissing and moaning on the internet, I'd still be pissing and moaning as an old man, without having gone on the hunt.

Did I get more satisfaction out of my DIY sheep/goat hunts here in the lower 48? Yes.
But the dall hunt was no spoon fed deal. I found it very satisfying also.

debate? lol we all know internet forums are not debates, they are just swappin' complaints and trying to get a point of view or belief across in a few written words with no tone or emotion other than a little pac-man smiley face! Some think the more we say it the more they'll understand. TBones right, he wanted to do it so he made it happen, most guys want to do it and complain that it won't happen cause of the saddest measurement we've ever created...money. we gauge our everything on money these days and its a sad story.
Will the reg change for guide requirement, maybe someday. But its like lookin' at some chick, from a distance she looks wayyy better than what ya got, but once you get a hold of her, man you realize there was a reason she was alone!! Danged where ya are and then danged where ya went. Rarely is anyone happy if the rules limit them.
I just see things going bad for EVERYONE if they drop the requirement, biggest complaint i hear about AK already is the overcrowding by guides and certian "hot spots", open it up for everyone to be up huntin' dalls and we'll all be sitting around hoping for one tag in our lifetime and i just dont' see alaska residents willing to cough up that resource just because "poor" folk are yelling online...or bitter as you called it.
stupid rule to the naked eye...but with some correction it seems it maybe be more clever and precautionary than we realize.
While some would argue, your a guide that law is what makes you money, sure does. But all the moose caribou deer guides are still makin' money and there is no rule there, so i don't think it would have a huge impact on guides. people would run up fly out and realize they had no idea what gale force winds meant...

i'm out the door right now, have a bear client who HAS to have a guide so i'd better go make some fat bank, feed him and tell him when to shoot...but i'm sure he perfectly capable on his own, so maybe i'll just get some sleep in the tent and hand him a map. ;)

I'm not saying you don't have Valuable info, Just not 10k Valuable.Especially if you don't wipe my butt and just hand me a map :D

Don't worry about me, if I want something I make it happen. (thats why I said I'll be seeing you soon :p)....but that isn't my point. For a Broke man, I have several AK hunts, Africa hunt, and many a out of state hunts to add to my list. I get by :p

debate?

I just see things going bad for EVERYONE if they drop the requirement, biggest complaint i hear about AK already is the overcrowding by guides and certian "hot spots", open it up for everyone to be up huntin' dalls and we'll all be sitting around hoping for one tag in our lifetime and i just dont' see alaska residents willing to cough up that resource just because "poor" folk are yelling online...or bitter as you called it.

So you can't have limited tag availability to non-residents without a guide requirement? Seems like two separate issues to me.

Granted, for something like AK sheep I would use a guide.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cityslicker
Back