PEAX Equipment

Alaska Fishing

IAMMAC

I know this is a site about hunting but I was wondering if any of you out there could recomend a place to go Halibut/Salmon fishing in Alaska. I would like to do a 7 day/6 night/5 day fish package if possible but money is a concern. It would be for four people. I have about $2,500 per person to spend and that does not include airfare. Please let me know if you can help. Thanks

MAC

IAMMAC
Need some more info, such as when you plan on coming up, best bet would be in Aug. then you can target silvers they seem to hit better, here is some links you can check out. On the Alaska outdoor journal site if you go to reports on the left site and open it up you will have angler reports and also it will show reports from last year to get a idea of fish runs. Hope this helps Steve

http://www.outdoorsdirectory.com/akforum/index.php

http://alaskaoutdoorjournal.com/

I plan on booking the trip for end of July begining of Aug depends on avaliability. When should I book by? When do the trips fill up? I may not be able to book until Feb is that to late? Thanks for your help.

MAC

IAMMAC

I posted a reply on the Alaska Forum to your message. The guy I recommend you need to book ASAP. The guy is located in Valdez. So you'll have to rent a car from Anchorage to there. Yes, you can fly to Valdez from Anchorage, but for 4 guys, it seems to be more cost effective to drive.

I see you are USAF, if you call over to the Eielson MWRs you can book yourself a travel trailer down in Valdez for a fraction of what it cost to stay in the hotels that time of year. The trailers are pretty nice. Same thing goes if you decide to fish from Seward, there are really great cabins the Army rents there. Personally, I enjoy fishing from Valdez better than Seward though.

What career field are you in?

I am a medic Stationed at Luke AFB. Thanks for the info and I'll have to get with my buddies and see what they want to do. It sounds like the cheapes place to go so far.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Loper96
Back