Alaska Black Bear - Part II

It's all good! She's my best friend. We don't stay mad long. Just gonna steal Fin's credit card to subsidize the wifes 50/50 trip policy. I've got it all figured out:D

Since its Fin's CC, buy the wife that new rig Fin suggested.

Exactly 8 weeks from today, and the black bears in SE Alaska will be prime targets. Thinking it is time to test drive some more loads and calibers for bear results. Probably will end up back where I started, with either a .308 or a .300 Win. Or, both :).

Exactly 8 weeks from today, and the black bears in SE Alaska will be prime targets. Thinking it is time to test drive some more loads and calibers for bear results. Probably will end up back where I started, with either a .308 or a .300 Win. Or, both :).

Either way, the bear don't stand a chance. Have a good hunt!

Yikes ! Time is flying. Looks like I will be rapping up by the time you get there. I need to hurry up and finish putting together my new 300 rum.

Big Fin- You never stated who your hunting partners are going to be. Well?

Big Fin- You never stated who your hunting partners are going to be. Well?

Well, after all the guys I talked to cancelled, the production company asked for someone athletic and good looking to offset the weaknesses of the host. So, I had to go back to my home grounds and call on an old friend who has been a big supporter of this show and this project.

My buddy Joe, hunter extraordinaire, camp chef, man of many languages, and all around good guy, committed that he would take time from his schedule and join me. I have promised to have him home before the opener of walleye season back in MInnesota.

Next on deck was Crittergetter, if Joe had not been able to make it. I had called Crittergetter and asked if he would be "on deck" for this hunt.

He replied, "I will have to think about it and ask the boss." CG called back in less than two minutes and stated, "Count me in. Wife and I discussed in great detail and she is happy to see me go."

Now that is a guy who has things in order. I wish we had room for a third person, as Crittergetter gets after bears like they stole something from him.

So, if for some reason Joe has a change of plans, Crittergetter will be putting his big grin on the tube.

Lawnboy had the green light also, but being the responsible business owner that he is, he couldn't rationalize being gone for eleven days during the busiest part of his season. Life can be difficult when you are the owner.

I tried to bribe him with lots of extras, send his wife to Vegas with her friends, buy his wife new furniture, and many other thigngs. Not sure if his wife knows this, but he turned them all down. Even offered to hire Jose's crew to come and fill in for him, but still no results.

So, it will be Joe. Should be a great time and a great episode. We are giving ourselves more time this year, so I fully intend that two bears will get a victory lap around the island.

I'm sure we will all be waiting for the hunt updates. Have fun!

It sure would be nice if my part time job was making hunting shows but since it's not and on occasion get the invite to pack out Randy's animals I just couldn't make this hunt work for me. I know I'm crazy but needed to make sure that there was some Mac and Cheese on the table for the little yippers.
Someday I'll be independently wealthy:rolleyes: and won't have to worry about that kind of stuff.

I'm not sure I was even aware that Fin had so generously offered up the trip to Vegas and furniture so I could go. Good thing we have this written down as I will take him up on it on the next hunt;)

I really appreciated the offer and am sure that Joe"s face might be able to finally bring some financial benefit to Fin's worthy endeavour. Mine sure hasn't.

By the way Fin what is Jose's number. I am in search of a new crew.;) Se habla espanol.:D

Bart, i was thinking about calling your wife and paying her to not let you go:) See, what you get for being a responsible business owner:) Want me to show you how irresponsibilty works? You get the call, you say yep, then you figure out the consequenses later.LOL

I don't know how to get a hold of Joe's wife so looks like I don't have that card in my hand to play:):)LOL

Sure hope you guys have fun, I dang sure appreciate the offer for the backup spot FIN! I figured after our trip to NM last year, you wern't gonna want me around for bad luck on any hunts!;)

I have the bags packed and ready in case something comes up with Joe!

Hey Randy, I showed Tammie the thread about offering Lawnboy's wife the vegas trip and furniture. You know her she now wants the anti upped! And I quote" My 9 best girlfriends to Vegas for a week and then you can go!" Luckily she had already given the ok to go before your post. I'm still in!

Hey Randy, I showed Tammie the thread about offering Lawnboy's wife the vegas trip and furniture. You know her she now wants the anti upped! And I quote" My 9 best girlfriends to Vegas for a week and then you can go!" Luckily she had already given the ok to go before your post. I'm still in!

Damn, Joe, you had me scared for a minute. I owe Tammie for many things over the years, but not sure I can cover that kind of ante.

Will be a ton of fun.

After reading Randy's description of me, I'm flattered but I have to call bullsh*t when I read it! I will say I am an old friend and hunter that's very excited to go on a trip of a lifetime with a lifetime friend!,

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shed God
Back