PEAX Equipment

AK Trappers Rendezvous - Bear, Goat, Bou Raffle

Bambistew

I have no affiliation with the Alaska Trappers Association, just spreading the word. Small group of great guys.

They are struggling to sell tickets for 3 big game permits they secured from the State. Currently they've sold around 100 tickets for each, these are good odds so far... Tickets are $10 each

Chugach Bear permit - Guide required for NR - the hunt code is DB470. Basically the Chugach State Park here in Anchorage. Rugged country, but bears are plentiful. No airplane access, all walk in, but lots of trails. This is a really cool tag.
Metal Creek Goat permit - Guide Required for NR - hunt code DG890 - Accessible by a very short flight from Palmer or Anchorage. BIG goats live here.
Killey River Caribou - NO GUIDE REQUIRED - hunt code DC608 - Access by aircraft from the Soldotna/Kenia area, a long, long hike, or potentially by jet boat. There are some hogs killed here

If you draw you'll have to contract with a guide (assuming you are a NR, or Alien). I think you also have to purchase a hunting license ($160, but it may be complementary), I believe the harvest ticket/locking tag is complementary, (bear-$1000, goat-$600, caribou - $650). There are not a lot of guides to choose from for the goat and bear in those areas, but the ones there are, are some of the best in the state. A bear hunt would probably run in the $10-12K, and a goat hunt $6-8K, just guessing. If you're a resident or have next of kin in AK, you wouldn't need a guide, of course.

Good luck if you apply. I'm going to toss in a few for the bear and goat. Too close to home not too. :)

They don't have a great website, but you can find them on facebook. Details below:
https://www.facebook.com/akfarmteam/photos/a.519493554835832/2196358717149299/?type=3&theater

If anyone is interested in supporting the Alaska Frontier Trappers Association annual banquet fundraiser, you can call to purchase these raffle tickets. These are quality hunts and are $10 each. Only 2000 tickets per hunt sold. At the moment, only about 100 of each hunt has been sold and the drawing is this Saturday (4/27/2019). 907-355-3470 [Need not be present to win.]

Raffle.jpg

Last edited:
Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RichardMargarine
Back