AjaDog, and Lil bit about me,

AjaDog

My name is Stu, I live in Dorchester SC, on 12 acres of land no neighbors, just me and my German shepherds, I ease born and raised Virginia, graduated from Stuarts Draft high School 1981,I joined the United States Army, stationed at Ft Bragg NC, the 82nd Airborne Division, I have been a avid deer hunter since I was 14, my 1st kill was shot with a Springfield 03-A3 30-06, iron sights, a small 4 pointer , after that I have been into pretty much up till now, I operate heavy equipment, Cat 336 excavator, Cat D-5 high track bulldozer,

My name is Stu, I live in Dorchester SC, on 12 acres of land no neighbors, just me and my German shepherds, I ease born and raised Virginia, graduated from Stuarts Draft high School 1981,I joined the United States Army, stationed at Ft Bragg NC, the 82nd Airborne Division, I have been a avid deer hunter since I was 14, my 1st kill was shot with a Springfield 03-A3 30-06, iron sights, a small 4 pointer , after that I have been into pretty much up till now, I operate heavy equipment, Cat 336 excavator, Cat D-5 high track bulldozer,
Well good afternoon guys, I had a pretty good season so far this year, a really good season finding out that my 5 year old female German shepherd learned how to track and find deer, what a blessing, I did not train this dog, last year during hunting season I kept her in her kennel while retrieving a downed deer, this year was different, even though I have tree stands through out my place, I have never used a one of them, and I built the tree stands, I shoot my deer from my front porch and my back porch, 2/3rds woods, 1/3rd is 3 field's around my house, I have cut shooting lanes like a clock dial all around the house any where from 75 yds to 300 yds, but black to Aja, my German shepherd dog, the beginning of the season Aja was on my front porch with me, and sure enough a 4 pointer still in velvet, walks out into my 150yd lane, I got up on my 30-06 safety off red is dead, I squeezed the trigger, deer down, the amazement is just beginning Aja she flies by me off the porch and in the direction I shot, right to the corn pile, the deer 15 to 20 ft, from where I shot it, Aja had the deer by the neck then to the rear end, raising hell, biting pulling, I couldn't believe what I was seeing, great dog, hand's down

From Stuarts Draft???
Yup. Not initially from there, but lived there in my 20s. I could smell Little Debbie making brownies from my back yard. Lol. I live over the mtn now, but still enjoy hunting in the GW off (not to spot burn) “black combustible rock road”. Ha! You know the one.

Sounds like you have a good dog. 👍

Yup. Not initially from there, but lived there in my 20s. I could smell Little Debbie making brownies from my back yard. Lol. I live over the mtn now, but still enjoy hunting in the GW off (not to spot burn) “black combustible rock road”. Ha! You know the one.

Sounds like you have a good dog. 👍
That's crazy my friend, I worked for Transit mixed concrete in Staunton, we poured every damn bit of concrete at little Debbie's, my deer friend lives right across the railroad tracks beside little Debbie's, in that old plantation house, wow, where over the mountain? Nelson county, Albemarle?

I shot this deer 3 Sundays ago, and there is a good story with that one, if I didn't have my German shepherd, I would of never found it,
Hey I got my deer dates wrong I killed the deer in the pic the Friday before, I shot another deer on Sunday not that one

Stand up or electric bass?

What genre of music do you play?
Electric , we played mostly southern rock, and classic rock, but through the years I have played country, I'm from Virginia, our lead vocalist was Tony Fortune, the younger brother of Jimmy Fortune, took the place of Lew Dewitt from the Statler brothers in Staunton Virginia, we played up and down the east coast for 3 years until Tony got real sick with diabetes,

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back