Air Ambulance service question

I have put a few patients on helicopters, maybe 50 or so since I been doing this and not once have I gotten or had to pick the service that was doing the transport.

When I radio dispatch for a medifight, they tone it to the services nearest the scene. Depending on the location of helicopters, the weather both at the screen location and helicoper location. The pilot then decide if they are accepting the transport.
I can assure that zero thought or consideration is taken as what sticker is on your truck or quite frankly what the patients prefence in service is.

Not to be a debbie downer but if that's the reason for the research your wasting your time.
I mangled my left leg when I was 13 when I crashed my mini bike into a car with my knee being the point of impact.
It happened in Sacramento less than 5 miles from McClellan AFB and my Dad being retired Navy requested that the paramedics take me there. They said "He won't make it" and they took me to a hospital about 2 blocks away.
My broken bones had tore my artery and I lost half my blood.

With no real hospital within 100 mi. most folks here are signed up for one of the 2 helo transports that operate in this area. Not Lifeflight.
Luckily these flights come with a DR & paramedic.
As much as local EMS tries ,they are lacking. "They mean well" is a common phrase here, with everyone.
As a former EMTII I wanted a flight out ASAP and requested one when my EMS call went out. And it saved a half hour. It saved my life.
My 911 call got dropped, twice. If I had been a mile away there would be no calls.

Good thing I was a EMT because I am not waiting for ,"Help me, I've fallen & can't get up".
I better not fall...I'm in a 3rd world country.

Back