Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

African Dream Hunt

RyeGuy74

I've always wanted to hunt crocodile and cape buffalo in South Africa, does anyone know or have recommendations where a guy can do these? I've found plenty of places that offer cape buffalo but none that offer both. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Never been, but I don’t believe that South Africa is the country for crocs. Also, many of the hunts in SA are behind a high fence. Some of these ranches are very large, but they are fenced.

If you want a big croc, you want to hunt Zambezi river, Lake Kariba from Zimbabwe or Cohora Bassa in Mozambique.

Cape buff hunts are cheaper in RSA but you miss out on the traditional tracking in the big unfenced areas in other countries.

I hunted the Omay CAMPFIRE concession in Zim for buff and ele. It is on Lake Kariba which is Zambezi river system. A dude in camp killed a nice croc when I was there on the day I got my buff and I have to say I was pretty impressed. You bait them and have to make an absolutely perfect shot or they slither into the deep and you lose your trophy and trophy fee. I DID NOT shoot the croc in this picture, but it is an impressive lizard.

Attachments

• Zimbabwe 2015 Big Camera 256.jpg
    Zimbabwe 2015 Big Camera 256.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 23

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back