Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Advertising Test

I don't have Norton. It's not the banner ads, because I never click them. ;) It just happens when I click on a forum link or a thread link within a forum. It has only happened once on HT today, and probably only happens about 2-3 times a week on the other site. It's my home PC, which is also my work PC. ;) It's less than a year old.

It happens relatively rarely, but when it does, I can tell as soon as I click the link that I'm screwed and I'll have to restart IE. Everything stops responding.

Its a link in a post that someone posted or is it like one clicking on big game then a thread in biggame?
Also what browser do you have ie version? if your running v7 of ie there has been some enhancements for vb with this on the new version.

next time it happens and if you remember let me know where what link.

I'm not clicking on posted links. Just thread and forum links. It has only happened one time on HT. I don't think it has anything to do with a particular link. I really think it has to do with clicking before the ads have loaded on the page, or something like that.

Maybe it was a one-time thing on HT. Still happens a couple of times a week on MM.

I'm running v7.0.6 of IE.

I will say one other thing, though, because it just came up. Every once in a while on MM, I click a link and the page freezes and stops responding. I have to close the browser in Task Manager and restart. I've NEVER had that problem with Hunttalk until today. Maybe it's just a coincidence?:confused:

Mine just crashed Chrome waiting for "waiting for ad.doubleclick.net" . It is incredibly rare for Chrome to crash (as compared to Internet Explorer), so that was kind of "odd".

What would make you think that? :rolleyes:

Agreed! LIL

YAh, problem is, if you left every site that you didn't like someone posting or an Advertiser you'd be in your little North Idaho compound hiding from helicopters.

I think you need to dump the Hunttalk Logo if you're gonig to have the Adds up there. To me, having a Flashing add to the Right and a Sold Hunttalk to the Left looks Gay. I'd rather just see one Add centered at the top.

I also think all adds should be hunting related. ATV adds are hunting related so they are OK :)

I think you need to dump the Hunttalk Logo if you're gonig to have the Adds up there. To me, having a Flashing add to the Right and a Sold Hunttalk to the Left looks Gay. I'd rather just see one Add centered at the top.

I also think all adds should be hunting related. ATV adds are hunting related so they are OK :)

You gonna design a new HT logo? J/K.

It was the best place on the site to put it for this test run. The test should be done in a couple days.

I do have some samples of a new HT logo, from some of your pals over at MM. Might have to post samples for all to vote on.

ATVs are hunting related? Maybe. I have one, and I occassionally use it to get to the trailhead when my truck would tear up the road, or the road would tear up my truck. I agree, they are kind of hunting related.

This is a test, and they are mostly using it to track the traffic and see if they will have any tech problems with the site. If I go forward with an ad company, it will require that all ads be hunting related.

Still trying to figure out the Georgetown County ad. Why would a county pay an outdoor-themed web advertiser to cycle ads about your county? Maybe they got some stimulus money they need to spend. :confused:

Back