Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Accuracy testing my new stock

yakimanoob

Hey folks!

Within the next few weeks (+/- depending on work stuffs) I'll be doing a side-by-side test to see if replacing my factory non-accustock with an accufit accustock makes my Savage 16 LWH more accurate. It's going to be fairly simple (20 rounds with the old stock v 20 rounds with the new stock, possibly repeated with a second type of ammo if I can scrounge up enough rounds), but I'm having trouble finding examples of people actually testing this.

Can anyone point me towards examples where people have done reasonably scientific tests on their rifles with two different stock options? No need to be Savage-related, I'm just curious what others have done with regard to designing the experiment.

Thanks!

(and yes I will post back here with the results when I have them).

If you're gonna do that, I wouldn't mix up ammo. Just shoot 5 rounds from the same box with each stock and see what it does.

I don't mean to say I'd mix the ammo - just that I might repeat the test with a different kind of ammo to see if the results are any different.

I also have an ulterior motive for 20-shot groups, since I've also been researching how to measure the statistical significance of the difference between groups. I want to use this test to kill two birds with one stone: see if the stock makes a difference, and see if I can statistically tell the difference at all between two groups.

Have you seen this article on tuning the action screws on Savage rifles?

For what it’s worth when I changed the Stock on my Model 70 XTR .264 Win Mag I put in into a HS Precision Stock and glass bedded it and put a new scope on and at 300 yards it shrank around 1/2 inch. Yes at 300 yards with the same reloads. Was it worth it yes as I wanted as all weather rifle.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceemee63
Back