A tip for following blood trails.

Some of you guys are so damn smart you just make the rest of us feel inferior. I am in awe of your wisdom and capability not to mention your kind attitudes and your good humor.

:cool:

I've personally never used it, but hear it works. The commercial stuff, can't think of the name of it is supposedly H2O2 or has some in it. Here's a couple of tips I use in Arkansas. Didn't see where anyone mentioned the use of a Coleman lantern, it will work so much better than any flashlight I have ever used, it will really make the blood shine. Don't forget to carry spare mantles either. Don't know if everybody has these little critters, we call em granddaddy longlegs, (spider) with legs about 2 inches long, at night on a light blood trail look for them, most often if you have more than one in a spot, they are usually on the blood.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by The_Yetty:
I think you should bring an extra flash light or better yet a good dog to help you recover your game instead.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I hear ya there yetty, I have had guys call me up to "borrow" old Buster to help them find bad hit deer. He's kinda famous for finding them if the trail is fairly fresh but he's getting pretty old and i may retire him this year. The real fun begins when he finds the deer, he starts dry humping them. Lots of guys didnt believe me at first but many seen his gyrations in action first hand! i think he learned it from me though..

Funny you mention about your dog dry humping the deer when he finds them. I've seen the Yetty do the same thing when he finds a dead animal, only he pulls his pants down.

Back