Caribou Gear

A Timely Message . . . from the Greeks

LawVegas

Consistent with the thematic structure I have attempted to emblazon upon our little group, I thought I would share a little fable from good old Aesop.

The Monkey and the Fishermen

A MONKEY perched upon a lofty tree saw some Fishermen casting their nets into a river, and narrowly watched their proceedings. The Fishermen after a while gave up fishing, and on going home to dinner left their nets upon the bank. The Monkey, who is the most imitative of animals, descended from the treetop and endeavored to do as they had done. Having handled the net, he threw it into the river, but became tangled in the meshes and drowned. With his last breath he said to himself, "I am rightly served; for what business had I who had never handled a net to try and catch fish?"

I have to ask, does this maybe explain why there aren't any monkeys in Greece now.

The moral of the story: If you have never been exposed to technology, stay in your tree or you may drown? ;)

Or maybe Greek monkeys should not fish with nets?

Can we buy nets for monkeys at the Delmart store? :confused:

:cool:

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 05-16-2002 15:08: Message edited by: danr55 ]</font>

You lost me. :confused:
That went WAY over my head. :confused:
Would someone please enlighten my feeble mind to the purpose and meanings of these ramblings. :confused:
(use small words. :confused: )

Or was that the purpose, to confuse those of us who are less educated and laugh at us as we scratch our heads. :confused:

Please understand the value of a fable is relative to the hearers and the time in which it is heard. Without further ado, I thought of why I am glad I fished with someone who knew what the flip he was doing. I also thought of how I felt when Ken asked me to run his trolling motor (something I had never done before).

Back