Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

A solo hunt for the gals

Looks like it was en enjoyable hunt! Congrats on your buck!
For snow hauling, i prefer a gear sled, like the kind used for ice fishing or waterfowl. They work well on grass also.

Because I haven’t yet found one of those day packs that doubles as a hauler that fits me comfortably, and my big backpacking pack wasn’t in the truck. One of those things I need to try to remedy at some point I suppose :eek:

Take a look at the Eberlestock mainframe. You can easily attach most any daypack to it, then using the straps on the pack, expand the daypack outward and carry quarters/meat/etc between the pack and the daypack. Multiple straps an the frame and a couple NRS straps snug the load nicely. My wife, 5'5'', uses this packframe to haul parts - fits her comfortably. If I can find a photo of this setup, I'll post it.

I can't find a photo with the daypack attached, but the attached straps you see readily expand out far enough to (while still holding a daypack secure) hold 1/4's or meat on top of the load shelf and between the pack and the frame.
If you're like me and most I know who use the "gutless' method - once you do it - you'll wonder why you ever dragged a whole carcass............
Nice hunt.
IMGP0212.jpg

Last edited:
Good job on your hunt! I like a skiff of snow to aid in glassing. Fresh snow can make things quieter, too, which can help. Thanks for posting the pictures and recap.

Take a look at the Eberlestock mainframe. You can easily attach most any daypack to it, then using the straps on the pack, expand the daypack outward and carry quarters/meat/etc between the pack and the daypack. Multiple straps an the frame and a couple NRS straps snug the load nicely. My wife, 5'5'', uses this packframe to haul parts - fits her comfortably. If I can find a photo of this setup, I'll post it.

Thanks for the recommendation!

I can't find a photo with the daypack attached, but the attached straps you see readily expand out far enough to (while still holding a daypack secure) hold 1/4's or meat on top of the load shelf and between the pack and the frame.
If you're like me and most I know who use the "gutless' method - once you do it - you'll wonder why you ever dragged a whole carcass............
Nice hunt.
View attachment 76509

SORRY FOR THE DOUBLE..................

Because I haven’t yet found one of those day packs that doubles as a hauler that fits me comfortably, and my big backpacking pack wasn’t in the truck. One of those things I need to try to remedy at some point I suppose :eek:

I would take a look at the kuiu icon 3200 or the EXO pack. Also the mystery ranch packs. These all can double as a hauler and have a load shelf or load sling model.

Congratulations on an awesome hunt and a nice buck.

You’re right on in your message and it’s true for men & women...

Your husband is a blessed man I’ve been trying to get my wife out hunting with me for years just not gonna happen.

Great story, way to stick with it. Get yourself a sled, makes taking out a deer in the snow easier....in most cases

Great job, he'll taste especially good !!

A cheap snow sled does work great for dragging out a whole deer. I learned that same lesson with a game cart on snow, now we have a couple of deer drags that always are in the pack for hunting away from the truck. Glenn's deer handle and a cableas one I think.

Great job, he'll taste especially good !!

A cheap snow sled does work great for dragging out a whole deer. I learned that same lesson with a game cart on snow, now we have a couple of deer drags that always are in the pack for hunting away from the truck. Glenn's deer handle and a cableas one I think.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back