Caribou Gear Tarp

A Scorcher is coming.

This scared me into buying a $500 air conditioner and paying an extra $80 to get it here before it hits. I live in a 1940's brick/stucco house and it's like a kiln in here.

That's not hot..lol

Its been 95 to 102 consistently in NC for several weeks with the Lows in the low to Mid 70s at night! Driest May and June I've seen so far

Time to man up. 115 is nothing..You Northern Guys brag how You love the cold.This week You can see why us southerners don't like the cold. Played golf when Phoenix set a record of 122 back in early 90's. Only lasted 9 holes. But boy that 10'th hole had some cold Beer. Stay cool guys go up the Mtn.. That what we do down here to escape the heat Most people don't know but the highest MTN. in AZ. is only about 20 feet lower than the highest peek in Montana. Fooled Me too....BOB!.

We just started combining peas & grass seed and have nothing but 100+ in the forecast, hopefully the combines stay running good, in this heat trying to work on things in the field is a pain with tools and metal getting so hot you can't touch them. I guess I better not complain, crops combine better hot & dry than they do cool & wet, but then again a little moderation in the heat would be nice.

I'm down in the Smoky Mtns this week and it has been killer. It is supposed to.be 97 today with high humidity. It is a good time to be at high elevation chasing the brook trout!

Boy, I am so lucky that my customer told me yesterday to come visit him in Dallas Tx next week so it looks like I will miss this scorcher.

Status Update:

The heart of the scorcher is upon us. I'm sunburnt to hell and the timber is turning to tinder before my eyes. I have found a cure which neutralizes the heat, and have been liberally applying.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 138
I hate the heat but this scorcher is a chance for my new house to prove itself.Proper placement of angle of house, combined with a decent eave over hang and savvy window sizing and location make a big difference,but going the extra mile with insulation was worth every penny.House is holding its own without A/C at 76 degrees.Some strategic landscaping should help off set the blistering prairie. Still bummed I didn't build a log home,though.:D

Here in Cali, the heat just keeps getting worse. City where I live has been the hottest place in the nation a couple times already this year :-( How did I get so lucky?

Monday
06/29
104 | 73 °F

Tuesday
06/30
111 | 76 °F

Wednesday
07/01
112 | 79 °F

Thursday
07/02
116 | 78 °F

Friday
07/03
108 | 78 °F

Up next- forest closures.

Good year NOT to draw a special permit. :)

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wyohandscold
Back