A question about Texas

snite66

I was wondering what type of cammo is best to use down there?

Around here I use mostly advantage timber and hardwoods, but noticed in the pics you posted that it was pretty sandy and rocky. Would the military desert cammo be good for this type of terrain? This is my first time hunting down there so I don’t have a clue. Thanks for any answers in advance.

Unless you are bow hunting or going after turkeys or other such hunting where you have to get close, you don't need camo.... I've seen a lot of guides and hunters wearing blue jeans and some sort of "gimme" shirt as long as it isn't too light colored. IMHO the whole camo thing is blown WAY out of importance. The important thing is not to have the animal see movement on your part - if you MUST wear camo, just about any pattern is OK as long as it isn't TOO light colored and the desert camo (I'm referring here to the 3 tone desert, not the "desert pebble" camo)is getting pretty light IMHO....

The ground is pretty rocky, but there is a lot of brush. I think almost any of the major brands of camo, including the old woodland military camo would work just fine. As stated, movement (and scent) is probably most important. In the blinds, I don't think it matters what you wear...heck, they might come eat out of your hands if you wear bib overalls! ;)

So PINK is IN! :D
:eek:

Your shoulders and head stick up in the blind. Some kind of face mask might help, or go hide in the trees (oaks and juniper, we call cedar here). You can take the juniper and rub around in a bush to scent up like the land or break a piece off and take it in the blind and twist off scent every once in a while. The juniper and oak is green, only the rocks and our skin are light colored. That's my $0.02.

Back