Caribou Gear Tarp

A moment of Silence......

I said something to IB today about your skivvies but that was the least of your problems you crazy freak Moosie! The weather was hot yesterday but to brave the raging river to cool down, you have some nads dude.

Nice bear there too Oscar! Looks like a dandy for sure.

Bruin

Oscar,

Congrats on the ba'r dude. But what's with the boat? Steal it from Julie Davis park on the way by? Do you have to pedal that thing? Ever consider getting a real boat?

~ AO

I tawt I taw an A$$ Crack :)

SO I'mthinking ,.,,,, HEll I've jumped out of boats going down Hells canyon before.. Nothing to it. Not 4 strokes into jumping in the Water and My Left Leg Cramped up. I went about 100 YArds in 5 seconds I think or it seemed like. That water was Humming. I can Se how people die every year. I could have been a Darwin Candidate for that one :) Except no Alchohol involved ;)

That boat, lemme tell ya, works good. We've tried 2 other boats and that one works fine.

What do you do with the meat?

First I pack it out.. then Cook it. Asking what a guy does with his Meat is personal ;)

I threw a Tape on the bear. I'll guessing it squares 5'-5'4" ... ? As far as the Weight, It wasn't light. We didn't have a tape for the girth chart. Not that any of my bears are "big", but this one was my biggest.

Moosie said:
First I pack it out.. then Cook it. Asking what a guy does with his Meat is personal ;)

I was curious how you cooked the bear meat. The bear I got last Spring we made into sausage and it turned out really good. I got the recipe off the internet. Here it is if you're interested:

Chicago Bear Sausage #76106
recipe by Iowahorse

Good on pizza, and makes great meatballs as well. Times vary as seen.
45 lbs
1 hour 15 minutes 1 hr prep
30 lbs ground bear meat
6 teaspoons red peppers
12 lbs ground pork butt
15 teaspoons garlic salt
3 lbs thick slab bacon, ground
7 1/2 teaspoons pepper

1. Mix all together.
2. Fry in pan for breakfast sausage, good on pizza, and makes great meatballs as well.

Congrats Moosie...one Of These Days I'm Gonna Have To Try Bear Hunting. Can't Wait To See The Life Size Mount.

So, Moosie... How long is the spring season? Cause I think you should at least let IDBugler sit over your bait and fill his tag with a bigger bear, for helping you skin your cub.

Congrats you stud! I havent been on in a few days....too damn busy, and see what I miss. I wondered why you didnt just empty the boat and one of them come back across and get you, instead of being Grizzly Adams you nut ?

Cause I think you should at least let IDBugler sit over your bait and fill his tag with a bigger bear,

Look at his arms then look at mine. It's like letting a Pit bull have it's way with a poodle, you jsut let it happen ;)

IDB has just as much right as Gunner and Wylee. All 3 bait it and can hunt it. Hopefully some of them make it back up and Smoke some Critters !!!

try some of IB's titty milk

I tried some ..then I tried his Wifes. Although I'm not getting stronger I do think it helps my bone...(s) ;)

WA, Thanx for the Recipie. I'm not a Big fan of bear meat but that sounds like it might work !!! I have tried peperoni sticks, Breakfast sausage, and some others but have yet to find a "good" way of making it.

Moosie said:
WA, Thanx for the Recipie. I'm not a Big fan of bear meat but that sounds like it might work !!! I have tried peperoni sticks, Breakfast sausage, and some others but have yet to find a "good" way of making it.

Yeah, we had the meat guy who normally does our meat grinding mix it up. We brought him all the ingredients and he just mixed all the stuff in when he ground up the bear meat. I did around 45 or 50 pounds into that sausage. The rest we had him make into pepperoni sticks, and they turned out so bad even the dog wouldn't eat 'em. I don't know why because normally this guy makes great pepperoni sticks, and I don't think it was due to it being bear meat, rather than deer or elk that I normally use for pepperoni sticks, but it was bad.

SO back about the Bear.... They said they thought the bear was in it's teens. Thats an Old bear I would think ? the oldest bear I've ever taken was like 8. I can't wait to get the Tooth info back on this one !!!

They said it was the Biggest bear by far to come through the nampa Station yet this year. They said several have come in a 5 gallon bucket. One guy had a Good bear and Wanted a Real little one to go with it... I guess thats OK.. ?!?!? Anyways, I know IDB is up tonight. Hope he get's one !!!

Back