MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

A little humour for your day

View attachment 226982
(Courtesy of Facebook page: "Africa, this is why I live here")
---
My moms go-to was a wooden spoon, I was a teenager before I realized she used them in the kitchen…
--
Wire end of a fly swatter was granny's weapon of choice. Stings just thinking about it.
--
I almost drowned when I was 5 in Nana's pool at a family get together. Mom pulled me out and resesitated me. 3 hrs later she was giving me the wooden spoon for getting near the pool. I had to replace Nana's spoon many years later out of guilt.

My grandmother had an oak switch that she used. None of us had "attention deficient" in those days ;)

---

--

--

My grandmother had an oak switch that she used. None of us had "attention deficient" in those days ;)
Same grandma had an oak plank that read "never hit a child in the face nature provides a better place." It was barely legible as my dad an siblings had tried burning it several times. Hard to believe, she's in hospice at the moment and have been visiting her as much as possible the last week.

Last edited:
"1000 Sq ft. Permitted cabin with 4 species of wild birds that will land on you! $132,000

Like Birds? How bout 4 different species of wild birds that will land on you and sing to you providing endless joy! Seriously, and this is NOT happening anywhere else in the world that I know of, and I looked extensively. Videos will be provided upon request."

This is a real local ad on CL, for a (reasonable) finders fee I'll pass the dets to any interested bird lovers.

"1000 Sq ft. Permitted cabin with 4 species of wild birds that will land on you! $132,000

Like Birds? How bout 4 different species of wild birds that will land on you and sing to you providing endless joy! Seriously, and this is NOT happening anywhere else in the world that I know of, and I looked extensively. Videos will be provided upon request."

This is a real local ad on CL, for a (reasonable) finders fee I'll pass the dets to any interested bird lovers.
Sounds like a mews....

I’d tape a few wire nuts under a couple of those wraps, make it look realistic.
There's something to this. A couple years back some meth head got into my garage and made off with a few items for the pawn shop. Fortunately, my new table saw was too bulky but he did run off with a skilsaw. He passed on the chop saw which at first surprised me. After a while I figured it out. Several years ago I dropped the saw and broke the plastic handle. Taped it together with electricians tape. That undoubtedly saved my chop saw ... which is kinda unfortunate because it and the saw taken were both low end Crapsman. I needed a good excuse to replace them (cutting off the end of my thumb was excuse enough to replace my former POS table saw). I picked up a good used Rigid corded saw at a pawn shop to replace the one stolen but still using that junker chop saw. No big deal as I bought an ancient Dewalt radial arm saw at another second hand shop for a song. It handles most of the finishing work. They are a great tool for the shop if you have the room. Slider chop saws have almost made them obsolete so lots are around in the used shops at bargain prices. Anyway, as a security measure I goobered up my nice Rigid portable table saw (VERY nice) with a few wraps of duct tape around the main body. Looks like shit but no one will ever steal it. I also taped up the router in the router table just in case. The router would be no great loss but the table I want to keep.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back