Caribou Gear

A hound Hunters gathering??

Thumper

Aksai, Kazakhstan via Covington Louisiana
Gents,
I figure that with the gathering issue for Wyoming working itself out for this year, we ought to think about a get together for us houndsmen!

I have have always wanted to hunt bear with hounds, and will be hunting lion with Cuz again this year!
I know B'cat wants to cut on a bear as much as I do, but we have had a hard time finding a place close enough to drive to! It gets a might expensive to fly hounds!

Might be an idea to kick around where a few of us can get together to have a bit of swapping tales and maybe hounds in the next year or so!

Y'all know how b'cat and myself feel about hounds! To get the time and place for a few of us to meet up and hunt would be the biggest challenge! Maybe someone with a bit better organizational skills can come up with a realistic idea and plan!

Think about it a bit as I have a few more months of HARD TIME to do in this prison called Asia and I can not post bail to get out of here no time soon!
smile.gif

All the best my fellow houndsmen!
Thumper

------------------
sneaky.gif

IF YA CAN'T RUN WITH THE BIG DAWGS, KEEP YOUR ARSE ON THE PORCH

http://www.geocities.com/thumper_67.geo

Thumper, I think its a great idea somewhere in the future. Got any ideas on where to go. Would be nice if it was somewhere we could hunt bears or cats whichever croosed our path! bcat

------------------
If you aint the lead dog the scenery never changes
bcatrunningcat.gif
Logoboy.jpg

Cuz,
I figure that with the amount of houndsmen, I say that with respect to true houndsmen , might come up with something better than we have came across on the swap a hunt???

I think what we have a good plan for Idaho and you know it will work! However, I sorta figure we might , Notice I say "we", may run across a better option!
That may put us in a cross run, or either a decent invite to see what other folks claim to have as hounds. (No disrespect intended)

Hell, I would like to see who claims to have what and what their hounds can do???
I hear all these stories about the big $$$$ hounds and would like to see if it is worth investing in the bloodline or if it is another dog salesman talkin trash???

I figure, we could do it for fun, potentially run a few of the B&B on track, if possible and figure if it would be worth a salt to either invest in a bloodline or just have a good time!

I would like to hunt with both George and Boomer, but I reckon, we would have a tough time getting the hounds from Encampment to there!
Just somethin to think about for the future and consider before our Alaska Brown bear hunt!
What ya say??
Thump

------------------
sneaky.gif

IF YA CAN'T RUN WITH THE BIG DAWGS, KEEP YOUR ARSE ON THE PORCH

http://www.geocities.com/thumper_67.geo

Thumper
I don't have many big dollar hounds,Just a little of this and that,But I do have BEARS
Last year we had 42 bait sites and killed 25 bear and each and every site still had bear coming at the end of our season when we cleaned up the sites.Most of our hunters are bait hunters,But after the third week in September its all dog hunting till the first of November.I still have 2 weeks in October that aren't booked and we can have some fun!!!!! It's prolly only a 2 day drive for you and you and Bcat can swap of LOL I have camps you can stay in and miles of woods to run in.George P is only about 5 hr drive from me and he can stay too.Heck when we are done George and I can follow you back there for a cat hunt.

------------------
We having fun yet//Tobey

Now youre talking Tobey !! Sounds like that would be a ball.I only take a few hunters and always take them the first few weeks so everything after the first week or so of Oct looks good.
How did you make out with your cat hunter this week Dale?
How you making out finding tracks up there?Havent had much luck here but honestly havent put a lot of time into it.I am having a ton of fun running coyotes though.These are the best snow conditions we have had in several years.Havent had a crust yet.
Are you running much during the week?I can take a couple of days anytime if you think we could find a cat track and you dont have anyone to go along with you or you dont mind me tagging along.I could bring the coyote dog too and if you have some decent areas to run we could give them H*** for sure.

Thumper, sounds like fun! It is hard for me to plan very far in advance so I would be iffy in makeing it. If I can make it, I would love to bring my hounds and match George on a songdog, but then again, mine aint deer proof. Would have to be an area w/ lots of dogs and few deer. When you work out some details let me know and I will start tweaking my schedule and see if I can work it in.

MB

I know a place in northern cali where you guys could go but you have to leave the long tails alone......er maybe just say something like......Dang I thought that was a bear track
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by JASON LEE (edited 01-22-2001).]

Jason-That sounds like a wonderful place to start!!!! Would at least get the members from the west side of the country!!! I can hear those dogs baying now! When Thumper gets back maybe we can get something planned for sometime in the future. bcat

------------------
If you aint the lead dog the scenery never changes
bcatrunningcat.gif
Logoboy.jpg

Hey All with Idaho's issue on non residents usein there hounds might want to look elsewhere ......anyone Know if Utah lets ya run bear with dogs? Or maybe4 go north to montana

------------------
If there isn't any dogs in heaven .....IAINT GOIN

Your right wolfer, Idaho is the hardest state I know for non-residents and hounds, are issues on it change day to day, I finally had to move there after only drawing one hound permit in 5 yrs after the bear and lion ban in Oregon was voted in. Idaho definatley out of your guys question......Utah is hunter freindly, I hunted down there 3 times last yr, but there bear huntin is kind of limited, not alot to run, alot of cats though.....Utah and California only 2 places a guy could run bear at realistically speaking. But then some periods of the season in California your only allowed one dog per hunter, so you would have to figure that out too....lol, However gonna try to spear head this deal you gonna have to do alot of homework....

------------------
chewin_md_clr.gif
GatoMan

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back