Yeti GOBOX Collection

A Fish Pic

BiggWimm

Got out yesterday on the Middle Provo. It was snowing for a while with fish rising to a hatch. Looked like the fish were rising for the flakes. Fun. Lots of small fish, here is my one "lunker" on the day.

After technical difficulties, here is the pic...

Attachments

• Fish.jpg
    Fish.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 383
Nice fish. I have been sticking to ice fishing but might have to pull out the fly rod if we get some nice weather this weekend.

That's got me reminiscing the old days, I've got a brown trout on my office wall from the middle Provo a looong time ago, there used to be some really good fishing on that river.

Always C&R. About a 10 second pose on the edge of the water and away they go.

Always C&R. About a 10 second pose on the edge of the water and away they go.

Good deal. Pictures like that could go either way...

Sounds like you're aware of the proper c&r techniques; so I'll forgo the long winded tirade :D

Sweet pic! Looks like I need to be getting out too. As far as the catch and release...totally up to you. Either way, good job!

Was your tirade going to be about the photo, keeping the fish, or both?

The photo. Pictures like that can go either way. It could be someone who has no clue about C&R techniques.. who flopped a nice fish up on the muddy bank using dry hands, and left it there for 3 minutes while they fiddled with their camera. Or it could be a nice photo taken by somebody who cares for the resource, who left the fish in the water for as long as possible and out of the water for as little as possible, who didn't handle the fish with dry hands, and who didn't flop it around bruising it, etc etc.

I got no problem keeping fish, if it's legally allowed in the waters you are fishing.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back