Caribou Gear

A Complete Sentence: The Second Amendment

My understanding is that everyone other than the justices had to swear to tell the truth. So, there would be legal exposure, and the ruining of a person's career. So they would have much to lose, the justices are pretty well protected.

We will likely never know exactly who or why. My speculation, totally conjecture, is that it was done because the decision was fairly strong, and one or more of the justices were a little wobbly about that.
Entirely plausible...but I'm sticking with an any means to an end calculation.

Yeah, at this point I doubt we will ever know, but the ramifications would have been severe regardless of who leaked it.

I think Alito and Thomas are two who are fully invested in the culture wars. They might catch 4ell but actually removing them from the bench, never going to happen.

You'd think as active as Thomas's wife was surrounding the last election and its aftermath, he might recuse himself in cases that hit close to home. Instead, if memory serves he was a lone dissenting vote in one case near and dear to his wife.

I think Alito and Thomas are two who are fully invested in the culture wars. They might catch 4ell but actually removing them from the bench, never going to happen.

You'd think as active as Thomas's wife was surrounding the last election and its aftermath, he might recuse himself in cases that hit close to home. Instead, if memory serves he was a lone dissenting vote in one case near and dear to his wife.
C'mon, Soto's key is 'stucker' than Thomas...

Since we are talking about the justices, here's a story breaking recently.

Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Dick Durbin (D-Ill.) in a statement called for passing a bill that would strengthen ethical requirements ...

Durbin commenting for the strengthening ethical requirements... Maybe this quote would be better served in our HT, "A Little Humor For Your Day" thread.

Durbin or most every other "Representative" - swap the name out for the quote. :ROFLMAO:

One should first understand the definition of militia in 1776 and not by todays standards.
What he said. This goes for NFA items as well. Rules are not laws.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jahmes143
Back