A birthday gift for my wife

okie archer

My wife's 40th birthday is in September. I married her almost 21 years ago when she was 18. She has served others most of our marriage. She didn't know when we married that I would go into the ministry, neither did I. For 15 of our 20 years of marriage she has been a pastors wife. She has given birth to 4 wonderful children ranging from 7 years to 19. In addition to our 4 children she wanted to foster/adopt 3 of her sisters children who were taken into DHS custody because of dope. We have had them over two years now. She has been a stay at home mom pretty much the entire time. She has home schooled our children the entire time. She is the one that taught them to read, add, subtract, etc.
Pastors wife
Mother
Foster mother
School teacher
Cook
Laundry service
Disciplinary
Taxi (home school events, guitar lessons, dr. appointments, etc.)
She has gone with me to the rough part of Tulsa to feed homeless people.
On and on and on.
Oh and also putting up with my hunting all the years.
Soooo, knowing that she likes old cars I began searching. I found out about an older gentleman selling a few old cars. We went and looked at this 1956 Ford Fairlane Victoria. I felt like the price was right so we drove it home yesterday and to church this Sunday morning. The pic is in front of the little church we pastor with a few of our children. Forgive me for bragging on her but I think she deserves it.

Happy 40th Birthday Sweetheart!

Attachments

• 20210815_143501_HDR.jpg
    20210815_143501_HDR.jpg
    5.7 MB · Views: 44
  • Screenshot_20210815-153051.png
    Screenshot_20210815-153051.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 40
  • Screenshot_20210815-153101.png
    Screenshot_20210815-153101.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 24
  • Screenshot_20210815-153111.png
    Screenshot_20210815-153111.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Nicely done, both you and your wife giving of yourselves. The car looks beautiful, seems to be well restored.

Thanks for the kind words. She really likes the car. Now I have more leverage when I want to spend money hunting. Especially if/when I go to Alaska. 😉😉

Last edited:
My wife's 40th birthday is in September. I married her almost 21 years ago when she was 18. She has served others most of our marriage. She didn't know when we married that I would go into the ministry, neither did I. For 15 of our 20 years of marriage she has been a pastors wife. She has given birth to 4 wonderful children ranging from 7 years to 19. In addition to our 4 children she wanted to foster/adopt 3 of her sisters children who were taken into DHS custody because of dope. We have had them over two years now. She has been a stay at home mom pretty much the entire time. She has home schooled our children the entire time. She is the one that taught them to read, add, subtract, etc.
Pastors wife
Mother
Foster mother
School teacher
Cook
Laundry service
Disciplinary
Taxi (home school events, guitar lessons, dr. appointments, etc.)
She has gone with me to the rough part of Tulsa to feed homeless people.
On and on and on.
Oh and also putting up with my hunting all the years.
Soooo, knowing that she likes old cars I began searching. I found out about an older gentleman selling a few old cars. We went and looked at this 1956 Ford Fairlane Victoria. I felt like the price was right so we drove it home yesterday and to church this Sunday morning. The pic is in front of the little church we pastor with a few of our children. Forgive me for bragging on her but I think she deserves it.

Happy 40th Birthday Sweetheart!
Wonderful lady .... Happy Birthday

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back