Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

90% jacket

174in

have had this jacket for about 3 years now and am confused.For some reason it seems like when I put it on I get even colder than not wearing it.This thing dosnt even keep me warm in 50 degree weather. Anyone else have the same problem? I have the 90% pants and they seem great and also celcius bibs that are fine also but this damn jacket has me stumped. Yes I am even layering the correct way with sitka core shirts and traverse.:confused:

have had this jacket for about 3 years now and am confused.For some reason it seems like when I put it on I get even colder than not wearing it.This thing dosnt even keep me warm in 50 degree weather. Anyone else have the same problem? I have the 90% pants and they seem great and also celcius bibs that are fine also but this damn jacket has me stumped. Yes I am even layering the correct way with sitka core shirts and traverse.:confused:

Maybe something has changed in your physical makeup over the 3 years?
Cheers
Richard

Maybe something has changed in your physical makeup over the 3 years?
Cheers
Richard

Nope the jacket has been this way since day 1.I wear it about twice a year then throw it in the closet and pull out my UA antium. It seems like the 90% jacket is drafty and dosnt hold any body heat wich is weird because my 90% pants are awsome.I end up with comfrtable legs and a chilled core.

Nope they arnt open.I am willing to trade it for a celcius jacket.I have the celcius vest and like that.Maybe we just have colder damper weather here in wisconsin than you guys using this jacket out west I dont know.I do know I thought I was going to get hypothermia opening day of bow season in mid sept the first year I had the jacket.The temps were like 50 degrees and breezy. This thing dosnt even keep me warm while walking LOL

Think sitka would work with me on a celcius jacket if I sent this one back? Big Fin?I know its a few years old but it hasnt been worn much.

LOL start the bidding! Still deciding what I want to do with the jacket its nice and the fit is great. If you saw me out in the woods on a 45 degree day I would probably sell it for sure.

Wow. I've worn mine down to about 15 degrees with a UA base layer under it. Once it hits about 40 degrees I switch over to a Sitka Ascent Jacket and once it dips below 15 I wear a Sitka Jetstream jacket.

Of course, this is all while climbing mule deer and elk mountains. If I was bowhunting like you, I'd probably wear more, but I've always thought of Sitka as "hiking-hunting clothing". I usually pick wool and down for sitting in a stand.

I use a celcius jacket and think you do OK with that,but you'll still need baselayers in rifle season if your on stand.I don't think it was designed for sitting on stand.I just bought a year old set of celcius bibs/jacket on archerytalk for 1/2 price.you could sell your jacket on there quick,or trade

I've considered going away from the 90% to a jet stream...I'm not overly impressed with the warmth of it...but as soon as I start hiking I'm usually fine so go figure. I think it does what it was designed to do. Anything below 40 and I add layers.

I've considered going away from the 90% to a jet stream...I'm not overly impressed with the warmth of it...but as soon as I start hiking I'm usually fine so go figure. I think it does what it was designed to do. Anything below 40 and I add layers.

Its a hiking jacket, not a sitting jacket.

I usually wear a UA base layer and a 90% jacket for rifle season. I carry a down jacket and a light (NOT something like RiversWest) rainjacket. When I stop to glass, I put the down jacket on with the rain jacket over it. The rain jacket really traps in the heat created by the down jacket. It is a system that works well for me. Very warm when need be, and very lightweight.

I can only hike in a Jetstream jacket when it gets down around zero.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CZ452Scout
Back