7mm Rem Mag Ammo Shortage

thusby

Ugh. Here we go with the ammo shortages again. I was looking to pick up an extra box of 150 grain corelokt for the hunting season and it is gone with the toilet paper from every shelf. Then I figured I would just get some more Hornady Precision Hunter. Gone as well!
Stock up early if you get a chance. I have a feeling its going to be like this for a while. Maybe I will just move to the buffalo bore ammo.

I agree that it seems that the smaller stores have been kind of ignored lately. Definitely snag 2 or 3 boxes to keep you going for a couple years.

I'm not sure about what exactly has been happening with Remington Ammo production during their bankruptcy restructuring but I noticed yesterday that Vista (parent group to CCI, Federal, etc) bought the rights. Things could get weird now that 1 company will own a good chunk of the ammo marketshare.

I have 5 boxes of 7mmRem Federal blue box 150gr if push comes to shove shoot me a PM and we can talk about getting you some ammo

I agree that it seems that the smaller stores have been kind of ignored lately. Definitely snag 2 or 3 boxes to keep you going for a couple years.

I'm not sure about what exactly has been happening with Remington Ammo production during their bankruptcy restructuring but I noticed yesterday that Vista (parent group to CCI, Federal, etc) bought the rights. Things could get weird now that 1 company will own a good chunk of the ammo marketshare.

I have 5 boxes of 7mmRem Federal blue box 150gr if push comes to shove shoot me a PM and we can talk about getting you some ammo
I think that is great news. I'm near Lewiston, ID and their Speer,CCI plant so I may be biased. I don't think its much Different than Hodgdon owning IMR, Hodgdon, and Winchester powders.

As for shortages, I've not seen that here in North Idaho

I looked the other day.
Yup, 3 boxes on the shelf, right where i put them after reloading.
20 with the 150gr ABLR.
10 with 150gr Ballistic Tips.
10 with 160gr SPBT GameKings
10 with 160gr HPBT GameKings
And 10 with 168gr Berger VLH-H.

Just went to sportsmans warehouse in spokane and thry had a good deal of 7mm mag, 243, 6.5 creed, 270, 30-06, etc. But no 308 or 223 at all. And the only handgun ammo they had was a few boxes of 32 auto. Who the hell has a 32 auto?

Nosler may as well put up a sign on the website that says sold out.
I actually emailed Nosler probably a month or so ago asking about .308 accubonds becuse I couldn’t find them anywhere. I took them a while but they did respond. They said their dealers should be restocked within a couple of weeks and that they won’t sell them directly off of their site until all dealers are stocked.

Anyone needs this let me know, think they are like 33 for the box, ups will be about 10 bucks.... I have no use for them.20201010_154918.jpg20201010_154922.jpg

If you keep an eye on the Bass Pro/Cabelas website, you can score some. I got 2 boxes of Hornady American last week and some Federal Premium GameKings today, all in 7mm RM. The Federal's are still showing in stock. I handload, but am breaking in a new rifle and don't want to use my stock of H1000 or RL23 on break-in loads.

Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back