6x6

http://www.hunttalk.com/forums/gallery/files/7/4/0/May2005016.jpg

Ok finaly Russ has rescued me... Here are a few of the pics that I was able to get of Gene's elk, Gene is my G-friends father that I have known for 20 years. I wasnt able to get any of the body, only the rack. But dont most guys like a good rack anyways? Sorry that it took an eternity to get them on here and I hope you all enjoy.

Thanks guys. Well Cj I posted the story earlier, but here is a condensed version. My girlfriends father Gene was in the Lowman area and had busted a few cows earlier in the day and had given up on his local. He started down the road in his truck, and not too far from where he was a cow and calf came up from the river and crossed the road. He stopped and watched them travel for a bit when all of a sudden here comes Mr big 6. right up the hill and right down the road. Gene loaded up and laid his gun accross the door and when Mr 6 was only 40 yrds away, still coming down the road. He let him have a good one in the lower portion of the neck. Needless to say he only went a few yrds and collaps. It was a easy load up mind you, right into the back of the truck and to the cabin. I quicky measured one side of the rack and dont remember exactly what they were but the first and second tines were 26 inches or so. the span was 48 3/4. I told him that I would look up just how to score it and help him out, as he has never scored any of his bulls. If the elk god is good to me, I just might get it from him. He said that he thought of selling it and I told him that I would pay him, just name the price. Havent heard yet what that might be... I will try to get some more pics of it and put them on here in the near future.

What do you mean the First and 2nd tines were 26"s ?

Come on, I think your story is a Bluff. I know that area like th eback of my hand and a 6 point crossing over and down the road from the river ? If thats a True story it's awesome he got that lucky. I've hiked bulls 5 points less tehn that alot farther in that country... alot farther :D

Kudos to him !!!!

He may want to think about who he shares that story with as there a more than a couple game violations in it. I'm not being the ethics police, just stating some facts.

Hey I will put a tape on em and take a pic when I get back there.... As for violations Tone, there were none. The road that he was on was a forest service road. And as for any other violations, I dont see any. Sorry. Ya Moosie, he got lucky. He has had the cabin there for more than 20 yrs and this was the biggest bull he has seen there.

Shooting from and at something in a forest service road is definitely pushing it IMO. I'm sure some officers would see it that way as well.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back