Caribou Gear

68-1 wyoming antelope

nd muley

Burned my 8 points on it. Was curious if anybody on here hunted it would love to see some pics of the bucks. Also was wondering if there's any good trout fishing around?

It’s an excellent unit and if you’re patient enough you should be able to turn up something 80”+. The sweet water river has some decent trout fishing.

Thanks for the info Fremont. Hoping to beat my pb of 78 in I got in nodak 2 years ago

That’s a good unit. I hunted 106 in ‘17 and stayed in Jeffrey City. A guy at the motel was hunting 68 and shot a monster on opening day. Lots of antelope. If you know what a 80” buck looks like, I think you’ll find one there with any patience at all. Good luck!!

I will be passing you on the road somewhere around Dickinson on my way to unit 66 for my tag. Haha

Burned my 8 points on it. Was curious if anybody on here hunted it would love to see some pics of the bucks. Also was wondering if there's any good trout fishing around?

Nice! And welcome.

We'll be just East of you in Area 69.

Good luck!

I had the tag in 2018 and it was a fantastic hunt. We stayed at the Green Mountain Motel in Jeffrey City. Check out my post on here for photos. Like was mentioned in an earlier thread, decent trout fishing in the Sweetwater River. Lots of sage grouse in the area if you’re interested. I would say I looked over at least 75-100 mature bucks/day.

I never even thought about sage grouse. Thanks the shotgun is definitely going

Welcome to HT. I thought about 68 but I decided to pair my points with my son's, which gave us a 6.5 average. We didn't draw this year. Good luck in 68.

Got back from 68 what a awesome unit. Passed over 150 bucks. In the heat of battle misjudged the buck i got, didn't wait to get a side view. Passed on probably 20 bucks better than mine in 3 days. Camped at pathfinder reservoir what a nice place even caught a few walleye. If you need gas go to alcova very nice station.

Attachments

• 6773.jpeg
    6773.jpeg
    925.7 KB · Views: 188
Back