6 x 42 fixed scope

Richard, although you call me by name in our private conversations I am assuming"op" is me. If so, without a doubt you are MUCH wiser that I, no argument whatsoever. I have considered asking my questions through private conversations with you as I know you would have the answer, but I also enjoy hearing and even considering the opinions of others here on the forum.

And I appreciated and enjoyed all the posts I received. Excellent information, advise, and suggestions --thank you all.

Richard, although you call me by name in our private conversations I am assuming"op" is me. If so, without a doubt you are MUCH wiser that I, no argument whatsoever. I have considered asking my questions through private conversations with you as I know you would have the answer, but I also enjoy hearing and even considering the opinions of others here on the forum.

And I appreciated and enjoyed all the posts I received. Excellent information, advise, and suggestions --thank you all.
Sorry April, OP=Original poster, I'm not one for discussing current topics 'off the forum' as what is the point in having a forum unless it's all inclusive?
Unless of course someone has been a little disrespectful, then a private message is the best way to go, thankfully since joining this forum that has only happened on one occasion.

So for fun what would an S&B 6X cost in Britain, Devon?

Looks like $1300 here. Ouch.

LOL, I bet April wishes she had only been disrespected "once" :(

But this thread is about scopes. Leupold's are very well liked in this area. I dont remember ever seeing an Schmidt and Bender on a rifle of a resident.

I did check out the field of view since it was mentioned and the extra 5 feet with the S & B would be nice

I know someone with a Meopta and they like it, but have not had the opportunity to look through the SWFA '

I like peep and fixed so have enjoyed reading the information shared by everyone .

Obviously, since Leupold is all I know, I vote Leupold:)

David, it was nice seeing you post . Think about you often, big guy

Guy

what scope did you have on your 375 H & H that you took to Alaska on your bear hunt ? thank you

Guy

what scope did you have on your 375 H & H that you took to Alaska on your bear hunt ? thank you

I took my 30-06 and an ancient 2-7x Redfield to Alaska for the Brooks Range grizzly hunt. It worked out just peachy for me.
mRZoqEUh.jpg

Since that hunt, I replaced the old Redfield with a new 6x Leupold, the one with the 36mm objective. However, I do have a lot of confidence in that old Redfield variable. It will get used again on some other rifle.

Sorry about the misunderstandings about the rifle. I considered both the 375 and the 30-06, but took the 30-06 on the hunt. That might be worth a discussion on a different thread?

Regards, Guy

Guy, thanks. I did remember the rifle incorrectly. Dr Mike mentioned that it was an older variable scope that had worked just fine, but I had forgotten what it was. thank you

Reactions: Guy
Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back