6.5 mm

MM, That should perform a lot like the 6.5-300 WBY. It's a great shooter as long as you have at least 2" of rifling left in the barrel. Anything less than that and you'll loose too much velocity to retain any accuracy. You'll need at least 28 inches of barrel to achieve the best velocities from that monster. I would imagine you should be able to get about 3300 fps with a 140 Nosler. I suggest you start with something like H 870 if you can find it and then move to slower powders. Anything much faster and you'll hit that magic point where pressures rise so fast you won't be able to control them. Good luck and post some results. PLEASE!

If that is for me, yes, I did. But decided it wasn't worth the expense. Besides the components literally fell into my lap one day (no wait for the McMillian Stock or Brux Barrel) and I had been looking at what actions Defiance had available for sale. So like kid with his parents getting checked out at the grocery store I lacked impulse control and grabbed all the "candy" since everything was ready.

Quickest build ever for me, right at 6 months from buying the first component to taking delivery.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrGeauxNewMexico
Back