6.5 Creedmoor load data

Wally Dog

Allcon,
I happened upon a Ruger American Predator chambered 6.5 Creedmoor. I broke the barrel in this past weekend. Now it's on to optics and load development. I would likely use the rifle for Whitetail/Mule deer/ Antelope and potentially elk. I'm not as much of a speed freak as I am an accuracy freak. I'd lean toward heavier bullets and lean toward Nosler. I'm interested in load data that some have acquired. My 2002 Nosler book doesn't even have the cartridge in it, but plenty of online data is available.
Thoughts? Thanks.
WD

Last edited:
I have the exact same gun. I haven't done reloading for it yet because it drives nails at 300 yards with the Hornady SST in a 129 grain. Such a fun gun to shoot! I'm looking forward to using it on antelope and mike deer. I'll be interested to see what folks recommend for loading. Good luck!

Nosler publishes their data online. I haven't started but I have 140 grain Nosler RFD bullet (strictly a target rifle for now) and will start with H4350. I've heard 6.5 creedmoor likes a bunch of different powders so it might be best to try a couple different powders.

I have the same rifle as well. My experience is similar to MTHunter1321 although I'm shooting the Hornady 143 ELD-X. It shoots tacks!!! Ammo is fairly inexpensive and I can't replicate the accuracy so I don't plan on fixing what's not broke.

I have the same rifle as well. My experience is similar to MTHunter1321 although I'm shooting the Hornady 143 ELD-X. It shoots tacks!!! Ammo is fairly inexpensive and I can't replicate the accuracy so I don't plan on fixing what's not broke.

This is the same boat I'm in! I was going to jump into reloading to get the most out of my 6.5, but I don't think I can beat the accuracy I'm getting out of the 143 ELD-X...

Still waiting for pet loads..........Optics handled. Have a Sig Arms Whisky5 3-15x52mm with illuminated reticle coming.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back