Caribou Gear

575 ?

my guess it is a game farm bull then enlarged with Photoshop. The main frame of bull was probley close to what shows then enhanced with Photo shop, check out kings world just to see what is possible with computer generated photos

I am saying the two bulls are not the same, but someone tried to make them look the same pull the pics up in a photoshop program and you will understand, they did a fairly good job with the left antler,,,, as far as the score I don`t care what it scores because it is fake, like I said above it was once a real bull that has been doctored,,, the selway bitterroot`s east slope is about 50 miles south of where I live so this would be big head lines up the bitterroot from where I live no one hears about it till it shows bouncing around emails, I know very good elk hunters up and down the Idaho side of the selway and no one there can confim either

All I know is that I have heard it is from Utah, British Columbia and Idaho. That right there is enough to make me want to call BS on it being legit. Out of everyone that posts, there is not one single account that I have seen about the real story behind it.

Well I think I have a second hand story on this bull. How credible it is remains to be seen.
Several of the guys I hunt deer with are in construction. I got up to deer camp Saturday afternoon and they ask me “ did you hear a guy from Fresno just shot the largest elk ever taken by a hunter ? “
It seems a local hardware contractor my friends both know, was invited to “bid” on a bull from a Canadian game farm. High fence, bred and fed for big antlers, ect. The bull was billed as larger then any other bull ever recorded.
His winning bid, according to the story, was well north of 30K. The animal, supposedly gross scores over 570, and nets over 500.

Compare the left side brow and bez tines. In the first pic they almost merge at the main beam and the brow tine has a slight "S" curve near the base.

In the cleaned skull picks the brow and bez are thicker, straighter and farter apart on the main beam.

That said the field pic looks doctored and the cleaned skull pics look legit and maybe 430-440 gross to my un-expert eye

You would think since they're photoshopping so many photos of this bull:rolleyes: they would have taken the time to photoshop out the bowl of elk-chow;)

438778.jpg

438777.jpg

BINGO!! LOL.......did they put steroids in his elk-chow?? The senate judiciary commitee will have a field day with this one!!! Unless of course, it was from Canada as suspected. It looks like the rack is real and not fake but may have had a little help in the development department! :eek:
Here's a couple more giant elk taken by a true hunter!! NOT!!! http://blog.kingsoutdoorworld.com/2005/10/18/amazing-502-world-record-bull-elk/

Back