View from part way down Imogene

DSC00049.jpg

View from Corkscrew

DSC00050.jpg

Switch backs of Black Bear Road

DSC00059.jpg

Going up Black Bear

DSC00064.jpg

Very cool!! Bet that trip was a blast. Gotta love a place with snow on the ground in July.

Thanks for the pic`s, I love Ouray Colorado, We stopped by there on a motorcycle trip one summer, we called it "little Switzerland" they have a cool town with a neat motel the weisbaden? it has a natural hot spring sauna. but it is a cool spot nice shops bars etc. thanks again

Nice pic's. We were there in 2000, but just stayed one nite at a KOA. The best part was the nite before we were in 100 degree heat in Utah and it felt so good to be cold that nite in Ouray. Wish I could of spent more time there.don

Jigmaker,

Glad you had a great time...those are very good photos! I live south of all this, just across the New Mexico State line.

When you looked up the side of the cliff there at Black Bear, did you get a chance to see what appears to be an old castle or something perched on the edge of the cliff near Bridal Veil Creek and Falls? In case some of the locals didn't mention it...that is Smuggler's Basin Generating Plant...the very first AC generating station in the world, built as a joint venture by George Westinghouse and an upcoming inventor named Nicolai Tesla. Believe it or not, they still use it to provide some of the power in Telluride...100 years old and still operational...amazing!

-RW-

Nice pics Jigs...
Thanks for sharing, looks almost like country I was stomping around in just recently on foot, cept there is way more green than we get to see....

When I was there in 1984 it was not running I walked all thru it not sure now we didn't go up to it this year. I do know they fixed up the out side a bit but they are doing that to several of the old mine buildings also

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back