46 Help

Gonewest

Looking for some pointers/suggestions. My brother drew a type 2 tag in unit 46. This will be his first antelope hunt. He fell into a tank of hot water at work and severely burnt his legs from the knees down. He’s had a surgery and thankfully doesn’t need to have any skin grafts. He is struggling to get around. Can he have a good hunt if it’s a struggle to walk? He’s a little worried if it will be worth it. There’s a group of us going (he’s the only one with a tag in 46) so there will be plenty of help. He does have permission for the Medicine Bow HMA. We’ll be there the first week of October. Any thoughts/advice?

I believe that the state of Wyoming will allow him to delay the use of his tag for a year in the event of a medical crisis. Double-check me on that, but thought it may be something you may want to investigate.

Burns are the worst- Hopefully he recovers quickly!

Seems like good harvest success in that unit. If you are going, I would get out early and scout a couple days before season. Then sit on a herd close to a walkable spot, well before light on opener, so your brother can hopefully get a shot without having to crawl the prairie.

Perhaps he could get permission to shoot from a vehicle by WG&F ?
A make ship blind may help near a fence crossing or water source.
Hope he heals up and has a nice hunt !

Perhaps he could get permission to shoot from a vehicle by WG&F ?
A make ship blind may help near a fence crossing or water source.
Hope he heals up and has a nice hunt !

That’s a great idea.Thank you for the suggestion.

I believe G&F requires a letter from your doctor indicating what your health issue is, etc. in order to obtain a permit to shoot from a vehicle.

ClearCreek

I believe G&F requires a letter from your doctor indicating what your health issue is, etc. in order to obtain a permit to shoot from a vehicle.

ClearCreek

I don't think so, at least not when a friend with Parkinson's got one several years back. Walked into the Laramie office and they issued it right there.

Looking for some pointers/suggestions. My brother drew a type 2 tag in unit 46. This will be his first antelope hunt. He fell into a tank of hot water at work and severely burnt his legs from the knees down. He’s had a surgery and thankfully doesn’t need to have any skin grafts. He is struggling to get around. Can he have a good hunt if it’s a struggle to walk? He’s a little worried if it will be worth it. There’s a group of us going (he’s the only one with a tag in 46) so there will be plenty of help. He does have permission for the Medicine Bow HMA. We’ll be there the first week of October. Any thoughts/advice?
How was the hunt. Im looking into this unit for next season

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back