Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

40 or 400 ?

beardown

What do you really work your butt off for every year, the chance to kill a monster bull or a chance at a big gnarly muley ? Which bug bites you the hardest?
smile.gif

Kraven when I first saw wild turkey I thought of the whisky,that bug bit the hell out of me one time!
biggrin.gif
So what no elk or muleys in Washington?

OH yes we got elk and mulies here but if you want to get a nice animal you normally have to wait til you get drawn for a special permit.Elk is spike only unless you draw a big bull tag on the east side,which is where I like to hunt.For mulies most of the good areas are draw only.But I love to hear that Gobble at the buttcrack of dawn.

Heh.Heh... you said buttcrack!
biggrin.gif
Well I know the feeling about getting drawn. This was the first year I ever had this debate with myself, since this is the first time I got to hunt both in the same year! I guess I should have asked which do you really want? I love archery elk but......I think I really want to kill a book buck worse! I also think its alot harder to kill a big muley then a sex crazed bull in heat. Actually I think its harder to kill a big muley period!
smile.gif

Oh,,come on Kraven,,tell him the truth
mad.gif
Washington has the best in trophy deer and elk in all the 50 states
rolleyes.gif

I like putting my time in on Blacktail deer..But for the last 2 years, I've been trying to get Quick Draw her first elk..

Hunterman(Tony)

I think I wouldnt really care which one I get drawn for really,yeah right.Im wanting the Elk tag alittle more than the mulie tag.The Bull tag is not during the rut but it does start the week before general rifle season.Now if I could just draw that Mtn.Goat tag that would be nice aswell.

I like elk hunting. It gives me a woody to hunt the rut with archery gear.
Sticking a 350+ class bull is a dream that will become reality.

A big (190+) mule deer is tough to come by. I compare it to sheep hunting. If I get one it's going on the wall.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by beardown:
What do you really work your butt off for every year, the chance to kill a monster bull or a chance at a big gnarly muley ? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Neither , I dont want to shoot a bovine or a hybrid
rolleyes.gif
tongue.gif

I'd like a Fetchin NICE Mulie... I've yet to Stick or Rifle one yet. There is Nothing cooler in my eyes then a Monster Mulie... And While I'm wishing, I like um like I like my Women !! With A bunch-a trash
wink.gif

I've yet to Take Many BIG elk but Since I have a few 6 points under the belt, It's Mulie time
biggrin.gif

I gotta get a big muley. I have the bug big time. If I draw my special elk tag this year, things could change temporarily.
biggrin.gif

Oscar,

Unless I draw a tag for something real good in ID or NV, I've penciled in a pack hunt for mulies the second week of Oct (no moon) up in 39. Wanna go?

Are you going to a NEW spot or the "BUCK" spot you got DUBBed a few years ago because of MR BIKE ? (WOW, was that code or what
wink.gif
)

I'd almost like to go to were Me and Warren went a few years ago (YOU KNOW the place) but Dump over to the backside. Either that of Across the Drainage.

Allthat being said, I'm drawing a Sheep tag this year and Don't know how long it will be to get my Sheep. I might not have the time
wink.gif

If ya whipped out a scale and could weigh the desire to hunt each, it would be pretty even. Probably leaning a bit on the mulie side. I've got a few dandy mulies, but still cant wait to go chase them again. I've got one little bull, but also cant wait to get in the woods next year to hear the hair-raising screams that only a stinky, nasty, horny a$$ rutting bull can make.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back