Caribou Gear

40 Below Zero And No Power

shrapnel

Our power went off about 2 hours ago. Within 30 seconds, our generator started up and we are percolating like nothing is wrong.

The whole neighborhood is dark except for our house, and we get calls wondering if our power went out too.

All the Christmas lights are on and our is the only lit up house we can see. Thank goodness for emergency preparedness and a Generac generator…

D4ABE9A2-2E8D-4432-91C9-7FF67EC2EE08.jpeg

Our power went off about 2 hours ago. Within 30 seconds, our generator started up and we are percolating like nothing is wrong.

The whole neighborhood is dark except for our house, and we get calls wondering if our power went out too.

All the Christmas lights are on and our is the only lit up house we can see. Thank goodness for emergency preparedness and a Generac generator…

View attachment 257244
I have been soooo frightened this will happen in our apartment. Our landlord is a slumlord sleazebag and this has happened two winters in a row and took forever to get remedied— and not happened yet this year! I’m so thankful you have heat I was gonna offer a room if y’all need. If you have any elderly neighbors that can’t just up and get warm let me know how I can help

I would love a whole house generator! Maybe someday. We added a wood stove this year as a secondary heat source and have been loving the fire and peace of mind it provides!
We’ve only got a harbor freight predator 3500 as it also is for the camper.

We don’t use it for air conditioner just freezer and fridge protection, running the furnace, so it’s more than adequate for the task. The right sales you can have them for $700. With the warranty, we get a new one every 2 years.

Well hopefully that outtage doesn't last too long for your neighbours, otherwise Mr. Plumberman will be fixing lots of busted water lines.

Funny thing, one of my neighbours has just given up on one of his busted outside faucets that he probably forgot to winterize, it burst last week and there's now a massive glacier of an icecle running along the side of his house.

Well hopefully that outtage doesn't last too long for your neighbours, otherwise Mr. Plumberman will be fixing lots of busted water lines.

Funny thing, one of my neighbours has just given up on one of his busted outside faucets that he probably forgot to winterize, it burst last week and there's now a massive glacier of an icecle running along the side of his house.
Dude don’t jinx me.
I’ve got one I rebuilt with random rubber o-rings from the hardware store I’m rolling the dice with on the front of the house right now.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seabee Shooter
Back