Caribou Gear

4 for 4......

Moosie

Grand poopa
There was a Houndsman in Lowman Camping next to us..... he was 4 bears for 4 clients for 4 days..... Pretty good I think.....

Is that just lucky or do RUNS with Hounds usually happen that fast ?~?~?~~

Was the outfitter Chris Korrell? No 4 bears in 4 days is nothing in good bear country,with good dogs heck if your dogs are in shape 2 or 3 a day isn;t out of the question

In N.H. or Maine that would be awesome. I have done 5 bears in 5 days before.They werent consecutive days though.It was like 1 bear,didnt hunt for 2 days,2 days 2 bears,etc. Getting more than one a day around here is really really hard if you are just running one pack of dogs. Now if it is several people hunting together with different dogs that would be a different story. That happens up here quite a bit. I call them community hunts. I have talked to 4 different houndsmen who told me about the same bear that they killed. Turns out 2 of them and their dogs werent even there at the tree. They were all hunting together but running different bears.So if one in the group trees a bear they all count it. Nothing wrong with it but not the same as doing it with just one pack of dogs.

We have treed 4 in one night but like George aid, it was different dogs running different bears.

In Utah, 4 bears in 4 days would be awsome, but like Gatoman said: if your in bear country, like around him, and you have dogs in shape....2 or 3 a day wouldn't be a problem. Just depends on the bear population and the pack of hounds running I say. :D :D

I must need a bear dog :confused:
I have only treed one in 10 days of running this fall,And he was a 60# cub :confused:
Are there any real Bear dogs for sale out there???????

I did much better this week.Treed 3 bears in 4 days,My hunter took the third one I estemated him at 350# He has the head and feet of a 400# er But not alot of fat.Going moose hunting this week.Give the dogs a few days off.

Sounds good Tobey, I am jealous, bear season here is over till next spring, worked on snowmobiles all weekend, gettin ready to go in the cat mode here in another month, so I be prayin for snow now....lol

GAto, (OOPS for not stopping by earlier :D) I don't know what Guide it was... i know that they had Wyomong plates.. I asked them about Having a Resident PERMIT and I got a "STINK EYE" I thought he was jsut a Reg hunter at first.... DKO pointed out they were outfitters/guides....

Anyways.. I then Relised why I got the "LOOK" when I asked were they were hunting... :D :D Not that a local wouldn't have given me the same look

We realized also that the first day it was a "CUB" they shot so the guides didn't want us local boys to make fun of it in front o the client
The second day it was a Bit bigger bear so they weren't as quiet :D

Anyways.... THey've since pulled up steaks and HEaded Elsewere.... I asked the Guy (CLIENT) while he was paying for his food and the Guides were gone what he had to give for a hunt... DKO will have to Correct me maybe but I think it was like $1,500..... He flew in from Pensylvania or somewere liek that and Shot his bear and headed out.. One day and POOF !!! But he was happy and thats all that matters....

Gato.. I still got a bear tag..... Tree me one and Give me a call :D

Bear hunting is closed now with hounds moosie, although I know people who have ran one up a tree chasing it themselfs, treeing a bear is over till next spring

Ohh ya...."CLOSED" ...... *WINK* ... J/K/....

I forgot about that.. Something about Deer hunters and Elk hutners EH ?~?~?~

Spring.... I'm there... Actually ... Cougar hunting... SOON EH ? This years my year :D :D

Hey Moosie,
When are you scheduled to come out and bear hunt with GoergeP? I remember that he was bending over backwards to get you out here. I may come along and watch you shoot a big bear.
Regards,
Chris

MILER.... I'm a ***** :mad: ! I've been caught up and Blew him off... **** !!!! Now i need to Find his ADDY and KISS his BUTT to make up for it...

HE did Bend over backweards and I wanted to Go. (May sound like a story .. but my DAD came in from Kwajalean "MARSHAL ISLANDs" and I couldn't go hunting with him and Leave Idaho.) DAD gets a Few days of Elk hunting then goes into Surgery Next week. (CANCER REMOVAL). I think ALL will be OK, But I still couldn't make it out.... I haven't seen him for 1 1/2 years... KIDS REALLY liked it.. My youngest didn't recognise him, But he's ONLY 2 :D :D

I am going to Try to hook up with George when I can. I told him not to hold out for me but that I'd like to GO.... I would have loved to meet the NORTHERN GROUP !!! You guys are friggin AWSOME !! I enjoy ALL the Pics and Stories... I just don't make it to this Section enuf....

Anyways..... (BAck to work .. ;))

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back