Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

3rd season Co 54

CWeeks

Hunting partner and one of his friends drew deer tags and I'm going along to help and do some scouting for myself to see if I want to burn my points in the unit next year. Be nice to see for myself if the herd has come back enough or if I need to look elsewhere(probably early rifle in another unit). Appreciate any thoughts on the area, we will only have 2 days to scout before the season starts since we burned so many days of vacation on my Az archery elk hunt.

Won't miss much work if one like that steps out opening morning.

Five bucks together and another was as big, just didn't have that 'flyer'.
Saw them several days in a row... We had elk tags.

If you want to PM me that drainage or mountain I'd be glad to let you know if any of them are still hanging out there:)

Here is my hunting partner's buck, best one we could find. Tough hunt with the lack of snow, got him on the fifth day when the does must have just started smelling good. Not sure if I want to burn my points there next year or not, locals seem to think it lacks a long way to recovering from the 07-08 winter kill. Definitely no slam dunk on a nice muley.

Attachments

• IMG_3157.jpg
    IMG_3157.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 764
Here is my hunting partner's buck, best one we could find. Tough hunt with the lack of snow, got him on the fifth day when the does must have just started smelling good. Not sure if I want to burn my points there next year or not, locals seem to think it lacks a long way to recovering from the 07-08 winter kill. Definitely no slam dunk on a nice muley.

Sure seems like your buddy was happy with burning his points!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KJ1225
Back