3rd season Co 54

I'd rather have that buck on the wall than 20 points in my pocket any day. Congrats to your friend.

BFB! Yeah I wouldn't bother with that unit either. I mean if you could only find one B&C buck in a week it must be a waste of time... with that many points you should get to chose which buck you want, not hunt for them... The 5-6 years prior to the 07-08 winter was unreal hunting in the basin. I talked to some "locals" that hunted it in the 60-70s and they said it was similar to back then. Big stupid deer literly behind every bush. It's unlikely the deer hunting ever be like that again. Keep dreaming or start hunting.

The point game is hard on some.

Congrats to your buddy. Hell of a buck.

I spent 8 days on the unit and didn't see anything else close to this deer. This is a great looking deer, but if you want to look at score, start thinking 175, and he won't be there next year. It seems to me that it's a crap shoot with this tag since seeing bigger bucks seems so weather dependent. I think most of us have been around long enough to know this is hunting, not shooting, and all anyone is trying to do is max out their opportunity at getting a buck like this. Just wanted to share the photo, but didn't want everyone with a few points thinking this is where I'll hold out and get my big muley for the wall. My opinion of the area is also based on talking with numerous other hunters both this year and past years.

That 2010 buck is unreal! The one your buddy got is no slouch either. That's a super nice buck with deep forks that I really like.

Great looking buck! I just burned up my 9 points for Colorado on a 4th season hunt. Shot a good buck, but weather conditions made it much tougher than normal. That's hunting and I had a great time.

I saw a buck in the Walmart parking lot that was taken in one of the units to the south of Gunnison that scored over 200, maybe we should all flock to that unit because one person (a lady even) took one good buck there. It took less points than 54. Not sure why one picture of a good buck taken on a unit qualifies the area as a no-brainer for a place to go hunt, but maybe I'm just thinking about this too hard.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sept7872
Back