Caribou Gear

34B AZ Muley Hunt

kphunter

We hunted hard Fri-Sun, but couldn't find a buck. We covered a ton of land, glassed and hiked our butts off, but ended up singing doe, a deer, a female deer... all weekend long. We located several muley and whitetail does, coyotes, javelina, and a few nice coveys of mearns quail. Spoke with a lot of hunters who were singing the same song. Would have been nice to reward myself with a deer for my B-Day, but it wasn't to be...
frown.gif

The hunt goes until next Sunday, so if anyone has some solid info on where to find a muley buck in 34B, please let me know.

Thanks,

KP

I haven't been down there is quite some time, but Ruger Canyon used to have some nice deer in it..

Looked up Ruger Canyon on a topo map, wasn't able to find it. Do you have more information on how to locate this area?

KP

My bad.. it was Rucker Canyon not Ruger Canyon. Still had some nice deer.. North east of Douglas.. Go south on the hwy next to Wilcox dry lake and just keep going south. You'll cross Rucker Lake Rd. Go left and follow your nose. I talked with a friend at work today. He says there are lots of southern visitors down there so don't leave your stuff laying around.

My bad. I apologize. I thought we hunted 34B that time but it is in 30A. Sorry about that. Good luck anyway.

We have always seen some really nice bucks in the east side of 37A and the northeast side of 33 while hunting quail and piggies. One was a nice 26-27 inch 3x3.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YellowCreek
Back