Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

338 rum

ashersdad

This was a birthday present from my brother. I put a Zeiss HD5 Conquest 5-25X50 on her and now just have to start getting her dialed in. Hoping she'll get some work on the elk hunt this year.

Great looking rifle. You have one heck of a thoughtful brother! I see you have a brake on the beast...good idea :) LOL

This season, I'm shooting the 225gr Accubonds out of mine mtmuley, so I hope you're right.

I think the next time I buy a gun I will tell my wife it was a gift from my brother, do not think she will believe that story for a single minute, but it's worth a try!!

T-Bone,

That muzzle brake should help a ton! I had to put one on mine in order to enjoy shooting it at the range. It doesn't kick too bad now and I'm able to put more than 10 rounds through it w/out flinching.

Happy hunting!
SW

Bugle Em, you won't be sorry. Put that Accubond where it goes and good things happen. You handloading them? mtmuley

mtmuley - yeah, I'm hand loading them. Putting in 96gr of H1000 w/ the 225gr Accubonds. That puts me a touch over 3000fps. The bullet's spin drift is 12" at 1000 yards w/ my crosshairs centered (left & right) at 600 yards.

Excited to test it all out this fall.

Good luck and happy hunting to all!
SW

I definitely do have a great brother.

Thanks for the advice on the 225gr Accubonds. I'll give them a try. She weighs in at 10.6 lbs so she's no lightweight, that's for sure. I'm hoping the kick won't be too bad. Hoping to find out this week. Thanks again for the comments.

With that kind of weight and a brake that rifle should be a pussycat. I used to load a .338 RUM and a .300 RUM for a friend that are both braked. My .300 RUM is not. Quite a difference in recoil. His daughter that weighs about 110 lbs handles the .300 pretty well. mtmuley

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back